1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New in Fayeteville Arkansas

Discussion in 'People' started by Andynewbie, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Hello Everyone

My Name is Andy. I got everything ready to start driving, I just havent started yet. Im a bit afraid from what I see in the news about cops giving tickets to Uber drivers in my area and stuff so I got a few questions if someone please could help me a bit I would greatly appreciate it, Even better if you drive in Arkansas and know the laws around here.

1. How can I check if my car insurance has the ''for hire'' thing or not? Should I just call and ask? wouldnt that be a bad thing to ask to them? is there a way to check without asking them directly? I have Geico.

2. If I get pulled over by a cop while with a customer, should I say anything about Uber?

3. If I get a ticket because im driving for Uber, would Uber reimburse me?

4. If I get in a accident and my insurance is under the policy ''for hire'' should I just act like a regular accident? If my insurance does not cover Im I responsible for every penny? what if it wasnt my fault?

5. If I get in an accident while signed on Uber but with no passenger, how would the insurance now I was working for Uber at that moment? What if the same happens but while driving a customer? How does the insurance finds out???

5. Is there any type of license or permit for Arkansas Uber drivers that would let me drive with no problems?

6. I drive for work to Kansas city and St Louis Missouri, could I drive for Uber up there too?

7. If Im driving 4 people in my car and they are not wearing seatbelts and I get pulled over, would I get a ticket becuase of them not wearing them?

8. What clothing should I wear?

I think thats all my worries for the moment, I have a full time job and Uber would help me a lot to help paying some bills.

thanks so much.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015