• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New in app Timer for Pax wait times

QLDUberDriver

I wonder if this is part of some more to come since the new CEO started. Abit late but better than never.

Although Ill hold my judgment until further testing and see if this is accurate or another smoke and mirrors game from the Uber Gestapo. The only thing that really matters is putting the rates back up 20% (Never happen I know)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UBER

Tracking your wait time in-app

Knowing how long you've been waiting for your rider can be tricky, so you can now track your wait time using the new in-app timer. It will start automatically after you arrive at a pickup destination and help you to understand how long you have been waiting.

If you wait for over 5 mins, the timer will let you know that you're eligible to cancel the request and receive a cancellation fee.

Uber Timer.jpg

Golfer

I wonder if this is part of some more to come since the new CEO started. Abit late but better than never.

Although Ill hold my judgment until further testing and see if this is accurate or another smoke and mirrors game from the Uber Gestapo. The only thing that really matters is putting the rates back up 20% (Never happen I know)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UBER

Tracking your wait time in-app

Knowing how long you've been waiting for your rider can be tricky, so you can now track your wait time using the new in-app timer. It will start automatically after you arrive at a pickup destination and help you to understand how long you have been waiting.

If you wait for over 5 mins, the timer will let you know that you're eligible to cancel the request and receive a cancellation fee.

View attachment 157737
After my 4week sabbatical, that was the fist thing I noticed ,it was just there at the bottom of the screen ,on arrival at pick up.
One Time it reached it's 5 minutes ,and tould me I was eligible for cancellation fee ,in red writing.
I didn,t use it as the pax was walking toward me .
2nd time the pax rang me ,he was 100 metres from where the pin position was.
It will come in handy , and gives you the option, of collecting the fee or ringing pax when , times up.
Could be abused by drivers though

Hugh G

Although Ill hold my judgment until further testing and see if this is accurate or another smoke and mirrors game from the Uber Gestapo
I've been bitten: see thread --> Rider notification (inbuilt timer)

It appears it doesn't start the countdown at 5:00. More like sometime between 4:15 and 4:45 now that I watch it since I got burnt. If you cancel immediately you see the notification it might not work.

Beepbeep41

I send a text when it's at 2min and rider no show at prompt and take off.
I had a guy come out at 1min and then go back inside, I no showed him and took off!

I send a text when it's at 2min and rider no show at prompt and take off.
I had a guy come out at 1min and then go back inside, I no showed him and took off!
It's similar to smacking a child on the bum, they remember next time.

bullti

It starts from when the rider is notified, normally about 250mtrs down the road
It might sometimes, but I have seen it say - rider notified then the timer doesnt start until I am stopped right near the pickup. Then starts at 5 min, Ive never seen mine start at less than 5 min.

Seems like its wildly inconsistent.

Why dont the fckwts at goober send an email with new app features with the rules/way they work. Its @@@@ing annoying when every other weekend there is a new feature and you have no idea how it works.

It still blows my mind that you can do a cancellation job and get 6 bucks, but can do short minimum fares and get like $5.23 or what ever the minimum fare is. You literally get paid less for doing the job properly when you get a minimum fare. How the @@@ can a fare where you actually have a pax in ur car, you are using fuel, you are putting wear and tear on ur car, you are risking accident etc etc be less than a cancellation fee. Makes no sense.

It makes me hope for cancellation jobs every single ping and also means that If I know where the pax is/if they call me to tell me they are around the corner etc - if it hits 5min I am @@@@ing out of there quick smart with my cancellation fee. It also means that if I wanted to, I could drive a minute away down the road knowing it will take the pax a min or 2 longer to get there, allowing me to collect a cancellation fee and piss off

Hugh G

Why dont the fckwts at goober send an email with new app features with the rules/way they work. Its &%$@!*ing annoying when every other weekend there is a new feature and you have no idea how it works

+1

Just had my one year anniversary and was very excited to get some meaningless drivel from UBER about what a fine partner I am.

In that 12 month period they have updated Android version of the Driver's App 38 times with the usual :

"Thanks for driving with Uber! We update the app as often as possible to make it more reliable and improve your driving experience. Check back next week for any new features and important fixes."

At no time was I notified what these new features or fixes were !

SEE: Uber Driver Version History