New guy in Rancho

IERide

I'm the new guy... Havn't actually started driving yet. Went to Firestone in Upland today for my inspection and because of all their holiday specials they had a 4 hour wait so I expect to be driving next week.

So what do I have to look forward to driving in the IE? What kind of people?
I drove a taxi years ago and I'm hoping that Uber/Lyft riders are at least 1/2 step up from the average taxi fare?

Last edited:

RogerJS

I'm the new guy... Havn't actually started driving yet. Went to Firestone in Upland today for my inspection and because of all their holiday specials they had a 4 hour wait so I expect to be driving next week.

So what do I have to look forward to driving in the IE? What kind of people?
I drove a taxi years ago and I'm hoping that Uber/Lyft riders are a least 1/2 step up from the average taxi fare?
Welcome to the forum and the Uber/LYFT..
You'll find the same pax pretty much as you would with the cabs.. Some take uber because it's less expensive and they are very cheap and sometimes lower class then the cab pax and sometimes the opposite, you'll find good people that just want a "better experience "
The most notable difference is Uber/LYFT pax don't tip for the most part
Good luck .. I hope you didn't fall for the uber BS on all the money you'll make .. Count on minimum wage and if you make more count yourself lucky

IERide

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks..
I'm not expecting to make much. I own my own small business and just need something to do/make a few bucks during downtime and need to be able to drop everything at a moment's notice if a client calls so this seems like a good fit.. If I can clear $1k/mo. I'll be happy.
After I'm comfortable using Uber I'll probably start doing Lyft also.

Do you know if Select/Plus is available in Rancho? When I look at the pax app, I see Select available in Upland, but not Rancho. Is that because it's just not in Rancho or because no Select cars were available?

RogerJS

Thanks..
I'm not expecting to make much. I own my own small business and just need something to do/make a few bucks during downtime and need to be able to drop everything at a moment's notice if a client calls so this seems like a good fit.. If I can clear $1k/mo. I'll be happy.
After I'm comfortable using Uber I'll probably start doing Lyft also.

Do you know if Select/Plus is available in Rancho? When I look at the pax app, I see Select available in Upland, but not Rancho. Is that because it's just not in Rancho or because no Select cars were available?
You should be able to make 1k a month .. May have to be on line 30 hours a week or more to do it
No Select in Rancho C if you look at the bottom of the pax app you will see the cars available in a specific market

IERide

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So if I am willing to do pick ups in Upland and points west, how would I go about being set up as a Select driver? I posted this question in the License/Select section of the forum yesterday but so far just crickets.

RogerJS

So if I am willing to do pick ups in Upland and points west, how would I go about being set up as a Select driver? I posted this question in the License/Select section of the forum yesterday but so far just crickets.
As long as your car is on the list of select cars just send an email to Uber if your not automatically set up when you signed up

Just Another Uber Drive

You can request a market change through the app...

Account > Help > Account > Account Settings > I want to drive in a new city

At least on Android. No clue on the iPhone settings.