New DTW Procedures Effective Monday 21, 2017

nameless313

Got this at the check in box tonight at DTW.

1. We will have to show waybill at check in.
(I have no prob providing waybill)

2. We will now be reported for UNDEFINED "conduct" and "incidents."

I thought we had rights... These airport autority guys and gals treat us like garbage, moving us, being extremely rude, I have been yelled at more then once, they hate us. Why can't we just pickup at doors. There was NEVER an issue at DTW. I am always polite and do as told with a smile...

BUT, they change the lots AND procedures every week... They make the areas smaller and smaller and purposely make it harder and harder for passengers to locate.

Less and less use Uber and Lyft at DTW airport.

Now we will be reported for UNDEFINED reasons.

20170816_030620.jpg
20170816_030620.jpg

vesolehome

What incidents are happening there? I've never seen anything where drivers are causing issues at the pick up areas.

EagleX

I thought we had rights... These airport autority guys and gals treat us like garbage, moving us, being extremely rude, I have been yelled at more then once, they hate us. Why can't we just pickup at doors. There was NEVER an issue at DTW. I am always polite and do as told with a smile...

BUT, they change the lots AND procedures every week... They make the areas smaller and smaller and purposely make it harder and harder for passengers to locate.

View attachment 148731 View attachment 148731
1; WCAA isn't the only one the hates RIDESHARE. 2; NO commercial vehihcles are allowed to pick up at the door, but WCAA did look the other way for about a year or 2.
If it was up to me I would outlaw RIDESHARE from the airport altogether.

Uberdude1021

Makes perfect sense bc no one takes uber or lyft from the airport. Show your waybill and pick up passenger from designated rideshare area. That's it, not hard. I've done it hundreds of times with no issues from airport staff. Occasionally it is difficult to get riders to the correct area, but even that isn't happening a lot anymore.

vesolehome

The rudest areaeholes are the metro car drivers. They hate Uber drivers. Any of them ever let you exit the ride share at McNamara? Lol. These guys are rude. Get over it. You lost.

MSUGrad9902

Please explain who lost and why
Uber and Lyft won the war against metrocars and cabs (and commercial drivers period) and are now allowed to use the same pickup spots without pre-buying ticket books.

Stop pretending uber and lyft are going away any time soon. You think by banning them from the airport people would stop using the service? I think not.

UberMaster78

Uber and Lyft won the war against metrocars and cabs (and commercial drivers period) and are now allowed to use the same pickup spots without pre-buying ticket books.

Stop pretending uber and lyft are going away any time soon. You think by banning them from the airport people would stop using the service? I think not.
Don't even bother wasting your time with that basement dwelling, never been laid idiot. He is just an annoyed cabbie pretending he owns a fleet of vehicles. He ain't got nothing. But even the plums to step up when he said he would. Runs his mouth, no game to step up like a man

Odie84

View attachment 148731 View attachment 148731
Just pick up at the doors. My buddy has been working there since they changed the pick up and just tells people to meet him at whatever door they want. Don't use a sticker & don't tell them your Lyft or uber.

MSUGrad9902

Just pick up at the doors. My buddy has been working there since they changed the pick up and just tells people to meet him at whatever door they want. Don't use a sticker & don't tell them your Lyft or uber.
It's so much easier and less risky to just go to rideshare parking area. And it's significantly less crowded there too. Just pass the line of metro cars waiting forever and find your pax.