New drivers at Dodger Stadium

Citronbull

I was at the uber lot during 7th inning last night when I witnessed 2 newber moves happened. First driver was waiting for his pax and he was standing outside his car. When they arrived, he opened and closed the door for BOTH pax.. Wtf?? Next was a female driver who introduced herself and shook hands with both pax when they entered the car.. Wtf? Eeewber is not paying you enough to go above and beyond.. Smh!

Hope_Solo

I was at the uber lot during 7th inning last night when I witnessed 2 newber moves happened. First driver was waiting for his pax and he was standing outside his car. When they arrived, he opened and closed the door for BOTH pax.. Wtf?? Next was a female driver who introduced herself and shook hands with both pax when they entered the car.. Wtf? Eeewber is not paying you enough to go above and beyond.. Smh!
They do it for tipz!

Octosaur

How does this make them neewbies again? For all you know they've been driving longer than you, they just don't realize what a waste of effort they're making for nothing.

Phatzman

Some people just have more pride in their jobs and like giving the best service they can. I open doors and offer bottled water to my PAX and it reflects on my 4.96 rating. Uber doesn't pay me more but my PAX really appreciates it and a happy rider makes me happy and my day easier. I enjoy being of service to people. To each their own, best of luck to you out there!

uberparamedic

Everyone has a different style. They may enjoy being in the service industry.

Myself, I enjoy the ride. I don't go out of my way much unless it's an elderly person or a person with a disability. But I take pride in the cleanliness of my car, and I want to ensure everyone is comfortable.

I've shook hands after a great ride, and even comped a pax last week for no reason other than I liked him and it was a super short drive.

Dinks get 1* and I move on.

Phatzman

Everyone has a different style. They may enjoy being in the service industry.

Myself, I enjoy the ride. I don't go out of my way much unless it's an elderly person or a person with a disability. But I take pride in the cleanliness of my car, and I want to ensure everyone is comfortable.

I've shook hands after a great ride, and even comped a pax last week for no reason other than I liked him and it was a super short drive.

Dinks get 1* and I move on.
Well said. Does Uber throw a fit on comped rides? I gave yet to do one yet. You still get your pay right?

Citronbull

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Exactly, to each his own. The post above yours clearly states that
Some people just have more pride in their jobs and like giving the best service they can. I open doors and offer bottled water to my PAX and it reflects on my 4.96 rating. Uber doesn't pay me more but my PAX really appreciates it and a happy rider makes me happy and my day easier. I enjoy being of service to people. To each their own, best of luck to you out there!
Exactly, to each his own. The post above yours clearly states that it's a waste of effort you're making for nothing. I hope you keep your 4.96 rating

Phatzman

Exactly, to each his own. The post above yours clearly states that

Exactly, to each his own. The post above yours clearly states that it's a waste of effort you're making for nothing. I hope you keep your 4.96 rating
Not a waste when I've been tipped up to $60 in one ride. But that's not why I do it, thats just what tends to happen sometimes when you do nice things for people I don't live a life of expecting compensation for everything I do. I just believe that if everyone gave a little extra effort everyday, the world can be a better place. Makes me happy to do what I do, That's not "wasted effort". Best of luck to you for the rest of the weekend!

Citronbull

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Most drivers here feel it is wasted effort when uber keeps cutting rates and having system issues along with driver deactivations . Are you loving boost not showing up on your rides?

CastleSD

Is it possible that there are actually drivers out there that LIKE to work for peanuts? Or for a net loss? I'm calling BS on Mr. Happy to Provide the Service That I Make Less Than Minimum Wage For.

KibblesNBitz

But did they tip?

Phatzman

Most drivers here feel it is wasted effort when uber keeps cutting rates and having system issues along with driver deactivations . Are you loving boost not showing up on your rides?
I'll agree with you on that and it sucks that many people like you have experienced those issues. Uber plays games but it is our choice to continue playing back or not. Out of nearly 800 rides, I've only had to contact Uber about boost paying me out as silver instead of Gold for the 1st three days of a week.

I keep my rating high to avoid deactivation and I'm also reading today that drivers with a higher rating and on a "medal status" get preference on the pings? Whether that's the case or not, I try to stay as positive as I can and keep moving forward. It's nice when I make someone's day by doing something different for them they don't normally recieve. It makes the ride MUCH better for both of us. I understand it's hard to do extras and stay positive when Uber keeps pulling shenanigans... The app has been lagging/wonky this weekend so most of my boost or earnings wouldn't show up till later on.

Driverish

Slaverish 101. Goof for you. Tell that your grandkids.

Phatzman

Is it possible that there are actually drivers out there that LIKE to work for peanuts? Or for a net loss? I'm calling BS on Mr. Happy to Provide the Service That I Make Less Than Minimum Wage For.
It is possible, I'm sure there are some people out there that that do ride sharing out of the goodness of their heart to help people without transportation get around and keep drunk driving deaths/DUI's lower no matter what they are getting paid. I don't do this work for peanuts, although I did get tipped a Costco sized bag of trail mix once! Lol. I learned quickly how to make the most from Uber in Core LA. I've had bad days when it came to pay but it's always wormed out by the end of the week. If you need any tips/advice so that yoy aren't making peanuts or below min. Wage pay, "Mr. Happy" would be more than happy to help you out! (No BS or sarcasm) :smiles:

Phatzman

Slaverish 101. Goof for you. Tell that your grandkids.
Thanks for the laugh :smiles: Some people just live for something greater than themselves. When you do good things and maintain a positive attitude, good things happen around you. Slaves don't have a choice nor do they get paid, I get both. Wishing you a good day out onnthe road if you're driving today!