• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New driver

goneubering

Thanks. Good advice. I work full time and I pick em up on the way to and on the way home from work. I’ve enjoyed the people I’ve met so far (with the exception of the rider who cancelled on me as I was at his pick up point and texting him I was there ? WHICH made my rating go down a smidge apparently). I have to work on remembering to make sure I turn the app to track on!!
Welcome to a somewhat rowdy forum!!

In my opinion you’re doing rideshare the best possible way. Even Uber admits it’s a side hustle.

Good luck and stay safe!!

Lovelife

Best advice I could give is
dont accept pool trips
and baby your transmission...
For most part I agree but sometimes it can beneficial. I just had my first 45+ minute pool trip. Picked up another pax with 45+ minute trip. Plus 2nd pax tipped. Did pretty good for an hour and 15 minute trip. I only took pool trip because it was a long trip.

Mkang14

For most part I agree but sometimes it can beneficial. I just had my first 45+ minute pool trip. Picked up another pax with 45+ minute trip. Plus 2nd pax tipped. Did pretty good for an hour and 15 minute trip. I only took pool trip because it was a long trip.
I had one too and the trip took long because there were multiple pick ups. Pax was getting agitated because they wanted to get to some sketchy corner shop in SF to get drugs. Kept saying "me next" as if I had a choice ?‍♀

25rides7daysaweek

I've only ever had 1 good pool
in my 3 years of driving.
This one was an hour long too

Attachments

Sariandan

Was supposed to quote Dekero, but forgot to insert it.

Same. There is nothing they can do if you truly have a loss. If you’re making shit up and get caught, that’s different.

LADryver

Good luck.
People here will wish you the worst.
They are a roudy bunch of naysayers, chicken-littles, and curmudgeons, but welcome!
Post automatically merged:

The Destination Filter for Uber is a joke. I advise you not to use it if you're in a hurry to get somewhere. It will take you out of the way several times until it finds a trip on the way your destination. If you absolutely need a ride on the way, use Lyft's destination filter instead.
Allow hours, not minutes for trips on your way. You get richer as you go.

What kind of advise would you like ? Keep receipts for everything related to car or RS driving expenses.
Keep a record of all miles driven when logged on. This includes miles with an empty car and a pax in the car. If you are logged on, record the miles. There are apps that can help you. MyRideTrac and Triplog to name two.
Get a journal book, and jot down your starting mileage on the car odometer when turning on the app for taking rides. Each time you turn on the app "GO" button. Log date, time, mileage, and for completeness, the city you are in, and if you use more than one car do it for each one. Also make a spreadsheet on your device, back it up in the cloud, with the same information. Each time you stop accepting rides, using the big red hand symbol, make another set of info. Odometer, date, time, city. Back it up the same way. You can form a column with running total of miles. In the end this will be your yearly mileage log.

On the same sheet you could also log your gas purchases. Date, time, name of station, gals and cost, and payment method.

Last edited:

LADryver

I had one too and the trip took long because there were multiple pick ups. Pax was getting agitated because they wanted to get to some sketchy corner shop in SF to get drugs. Kept saying "me next" as if I had a choice ?‍♀
Yeah. Pull over at a gas station and tell him he can get out and cancel him. But don't expect me to take my own advise. I would say that they will have to wait but they could be let out to change to an UberX ride if they prefer. I would give them that choice.

Fuzzyelvis

Thanks. Good advice. I work full time and I pick em up on the way to and on the way home from work. I’ve enjoyed the people I’ve met so far (with the exception of the rider who cancelled on me as I was at his pick up point and texting him I was there ? WHICH made my rating go down a smidge apparently). I have to work on remembering to make sure I turn the app to track on!!
If he canceled he can't rate you. You don't know who downrated you and it doesn't matter unless your rating falls too low (which can happen if you don't have many ratings). Only about 30% of my pax even bother to rate where I am. They don't have to like we do.

The Destination Filter for Uber is a joke. I advise you not to use it if you're in a hurry to get somewhere. It will take you out of the way several times until it finds a trip on the way your destination. If you absolutely need a ride on the way, use Lyft's destination filter instead.
Seriously? I've found Lyft's is far worse than Uber.

Also, if you're using DF, ask the pax where they're going before starting the trip. Sometimes they change the destination after ordering the ride. I find they're not going my way for thst reason or if Uber/Lyft is sending me in a stupid direction I have no problem kicking them out. Not my fault the DF is crap sometimes.

Mkang14

Yeah. Pull over at a gas station and tell him he can get out and cancel him. But don't expect me to take my own advise. I would say that they will have to wait but they could be let out to change to an UberX ride if they prefer. I would give them that choice.
Because of the long drive and he sat up front we had a long time to chat. Seems like a good hearted person but had issues with drugs and holding down a job. I gave him advice and he seemed to be listening. So I just dealt with the agitation when it started coming out.

Sad seeing people pulled in by addiction.

LADryver

Because of the long drive and he sat up front we had a long time to chat. Seems like a good hearted person but had issues with drugs and holding down a job. I gave him advice and he seemed to be listening. So I just dealt with the agitation when it started coming out.

Sad seeing people pulled in by addiction.
That was a real risk. Some people do not deal with addiction but are dealt with by addiction.