• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New driver, would appreciate some info

GPinTenn

Hello All,

Couple questions about Uber...I am all registered and approved to start driving...

But at this point they still haven't told me how much I actually get paid per ride, could someone tell me? ( thanks)

How do you track how much weekly money you should expect to get paid for, does part of the app track this for you. I'm afraid to open the app before being ready to drive, I don't want to log in and automatically be active when I'm not ready to be.

I have a new four door Ford Focus, not sure I can really fit more than two adults as I'm sorta tall and there is not much leg room behind the drivers seat, what if I pick up more than 2 riders? How do you know how many people you are picking up?

Do single passengers sit in the front seat or back seat?

I would very much appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

GP

borrowedtune

Hello All,

Couple questions about Uber...I am all registered and approved to start driving...

But at this point they still haven't told me how much I actually get paid per ride, could someone tell me? ( thanks)
Uber takes 20% of the fare (also deduct the $1 safe ride fee).

How do you track how much weekly money you should expect to get paid for, does part of the app track this for you. I'm afraid to open the app before being ready to drive, I don't want to log in and automatically be active when I'm not ready to be.
There is an "earnings" tab in the app or you can visit your driver partner web site from home. It's ok to open the app and look around. Unless you hit the big blue "start earning" button you will not be online and pinged for trips.

I have a new four door Ford Focus, not sure I can really fit more than two adults as I'm sorta tall and there is not much leg room behind the drivers seat, what if I pick up more than 2 riders? How do you know how many people you are picking up?
This is a fairly common uberX car and most pax will think nothing of it. Some might be annoyed by it and rate you accordingly... nothing you can do about it. Any uberX is capable for carrying up to 4 passengers and you will get that many from time to time. The riders will know what model of car is coming to pick them up so the expectation has been set before you arrive. Just tell them to suck in their guts and hold their breath. :wink:

Do single passengers sit in the front seat or back seat?
In my experience, guys are about 50/50 as far as whether they sit in the front or back. The ladies almost exclusively sit in the back. I keep my passenger seat pulled up and adjust it quickly if I see someone getting in the front. Some drivers on this forum seem rather particular about where pax sit, insisting on the back seat. Some prefer the rider up front when dropping off at certain airports. It's your call.

JMBF831

-When you log into the partner app you can click "Waybill: and it shows a break down of your minimum fare $, amount per minute and amount per mile.

-Also, you will regularly have 4 passengers (the max) so be prepared for that.

-Also, Uber takes 25% (from me) not 20%.

-I haven't had a single rider ever sit in the front seat (albeit after only 20 trips, but still, I know it doesn't happen much). Unless you're a cute girl and get a drunk pax, you should be fine lol

Txchick

Uber takes 20% of the fare (also deduct the $1 safe ride fee).

There is an "earnings" tab in the app or you can visit your driver partner web site from home. It's ok to open the app and look around. Unless you hit the big blue "start earning" button you will not be online and pinged for trips.

This is a fairly common uberX car and most pax will think nothing of it. Some might be annoyed by it and rate you accordingly... nothing you can do about it. Any uberX is capable for carrying up to 4 passengers and you will get that many from time to time. The riders will know what model of car is coming to pick them up so the expectation has been set before you arrive. Just tell them to suck in their guts and hold their breath. :wink:

In my experience, guys are about 50/50 as far as whether they sit in the front or back. The ladies almost exclusively sit in the back. I keep my passenger seat pulled up and adjust it quickly if I see someone getting in the front. Some drivers on this forum seem rather particular about where pax sit, insisting on the back seat. Some prefer the rider up front when dropping off at certain airports. It's your call.
Earnings tab is not calculating correctly after the Uber update. Is calculating 40% of fare. Has been doing this since app update this week.