New driver with tip question

I recently began driving and most rides have been short distance with fares under $10.
What tip (if any is given) might I expect for that price range?
Some riders have given me nothing; some $4. One gave me $5,
Thanks

roma1358

Most of the time I do not get tips, though when I do, they range from $1 up to $5, with the occasional $10 or $20 tip. Most people won't tip because they are told that tipping is not necessary. This is changing, but people have gotten into the mindset of this being a cashless transaction so they do not carry cash. I don't expect the tip, so when it does come, it is a nice bonus.

Dmixx

Ditto. I have only gotten 2 tips and they were both 2 dollar bills. I did have 2 separate occasions the riders wanted to tip me after hearing it is not required to tip, however they only had pocket change or nothing at all. They apologized to me which I appreciated. But expect no tip. Ever.

TecJay

I don't often get tipped either. I have been driving for about a month or so. Once I got lucky with an $8 tip on a long ride with two separate passenger drop off locations. I made a good amount for that ride. But it ranges usually from $2 - $4.

I recently began driving and most rides have been short distance with fares under $10.
What tip (if any is given) might I expect for that price range?
Some riders have given me nothing; some $4. One gave me $5,
Thanks
Most don't tip. Even if each rider gave only $1 each it would be solid, but usually only expect 3-10 dollars a night. My best tip ever was $75.00 but I don't expect that to ever happen again. He had a 100 dollar bill and I only had 25 in my pocket, and he said what the hell. LOL.