New Driver Referral Bonus

beezlewaxin

Hi,

How strict is Lyft on this requirement of the new driver referral bonus:

• Get approved as a Lyft driver within 30 days of their original application date
Specifically, lets say I was approved 32 days after first applying.

Would they still tell me I was eligible and encourage me to get on the road and do the required rides? Only to ultimately deny the bonus, even if I completed the rides within 30 days?

I wrote more details in the Lyft subforum, but I know I dont check them as often as Denver subforums..

Thread here:
New Driver Bonus - what if not approved in 30 days?

Jimmy Bernat

Ok so the 30 day ticker doesn't start until you're approved. One of my referrals took almost 3 months to finish everything .
I've signed up 8 people to Lyft and 1 to Uber and only two of them have ever done over 100 rides , most go into it with the expectations that they're doing the 50 rides , collecting the $500 and ending (or what ever the ride count amount is at that time )

The only full time driver I have recruited is a family member I actually am letting him use a car of mine he's paying for gas and I'm taking a 30% cut of his earnings . He's doing Uber Select

Jimmy Bernat

Yeah , because this is a temporary gig . I make a lot more off referring a driver then I would driving considering it has ZERO overhead , if I could reefer 2 drivers a week I wouldn't even drive anymore . All of my recruits have done their rides and have gotten bonuses from 350-500 bucks and I've gotten the same . None of them steal rides from me since they're all on Lyft , and the one Uber Driver I refereed makes me money when I'm not on the road
It's all about working smarter not harder , something you preach regularly and then balk at the idea of making a quick $500 for doing practically nothing

And what am I lying to them about ? I show them what I make give them some pointers , always say don't expect to make what I make because it's not the norm. I tell most of them to do their rides , get the bonus and keep for just in case money or extra spending money . Most of them would only work one weekend night expect to make $100-200 and call it a week

I plan on taking advantage of Uber and Lyft financially until it's no longer viable (which I would be shocked if it last through 2017 for me ) Uber and Lyft is my sabbatical from my career and the real world . I was a slave to my own business for the last 12 years working 60-80 hours a week , I burnt out and after marrying my beautiful wife I realized I want to spend more time with the people I love . So I shut my successful business down , sold my business assets and am making the equivalent to a $75k a year job working 45 hours a week , with ZERO stress ,and taking lots of time off whenever I feel the desire for some R&R . Referrals are a small part of it but I'm working on ways to recruit more drivers but at the same time recruiting drivers that aren't going to have my driving style or poach my potential passengers . Other drivers can take as many UberX and Lyft passengers as they want

Last edited by a moderator:

beezlewaxin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the info.. when did your referral get approved, the one that took 3 months?

Thanks,
Jay

Don Garden

I left a stack of my cards down at the VFW where I am in my dart league. I made $2400 in referrals right off the bat but then they tapered off. My wife hosts tupperware parties and I am thinking about having her use my card to refer some ladies she hosts parties for.

Jimmy Bernat

I left a stack of my cards down at the VFW where I am in my dart league. I made $2400 in referrals right off the bat but then they tapered off. My wife hosts tupperware parties and I am thinking about having her use my card to refer some ladies she hosts parties for.
That's awesome , you'll never make more money driving then doing referrals . I've said before if I could refer 6 to 8 people a month I"d probably only drive 2 or 3 days a week maybe not at all lol

Don Garden

One of my old buddies from the Drywall Laborer's Union invested in some penny stocks a number of years ago and struck it fairly rich. He wound up buying a Beechcraft Bonanza that he hangars down at the Centennial Airport...I digress, but do you think it is permissible to fly a banner behind his plane with my referral code displayed?

Jimmy Bernat

Yeah but if you refereed 6 people a month you'd make $2400 without doing anything that's ZERO hours of work sometimes it could be $3000 a month and how easy is it to sign someone up for Lyft and then get them to sign up for Uber . that's up to $900 per person

I've only refereed 6 people in 6 months all of them on Lyft 2 of them did Uber also . So technically I've gotten 8 referral bonuses in 6 months