• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New driver question concerning Bellingham region.

PacificNorthWest

Hello, I just started driving and was wondering how far south Bellingham drivers are allowed to look for and pick-up passengers. I found one map that showed our region going down the 5 to about Mt. Vernon and over to include the SJI's down to Mulkiteo.

I am asking because my wife and daughter have a day planned in Everett next weekend and I would like to see if I can fire up my app and hopefully make some money while they are out and about. Will I be able to do this? I know if someone asked me to drive them to Everett then I would be eligible to accept new rides, I'm just not sure if I can go there and fish... so to speak.

Sorry to be so ignorant. I tried to call support and they were not able to help. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

jkelton9

I once took a long trip to Auburn. Tried to set for pickups towards destination. App would not allow me to look for pickups until around the Stanwood exit on I5. It may have been a little further south. Ended up deadheading all the way home.

PacificNorthWest

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the information. I thought that was the case. Seems like we may be in a zone with limited income potential. Do you mind if I ask how you are doing as far as finding fares locally? Are you able to make a decent amount if you are out there hustling... at least on the weekends? Thanks!

jkelton9

I'm only doing part time and almost exculsively during the day. Most days I get as much as I want,some days can be pretty slow. I'm still learning the best times and places to be available.

Pnwblaine

Hello, I just started driving and was wondering how far south Bellingham drivers are allowed to look for and pick-up passengers. I found one map that showed our region going down the 5 to about Mt. Vernon and over to include the SJI's down to Mulkiteo.

I am asking because my wife and daughter have a day planned in Everett next weekend and I would like to see if I can fire up my app and hopefully make some money while they are out and about. Will I be able to do this? I know if someone asked me to drive them to Everett then I would be eligible to accept new rides, I'm just not sure if I can go there and fish... so to speak.

Sorry to be so ignorant. I tried to call support and they were not able to help. Thanks for any insight you can offer.
You can Ubereats all way down and in Seattle... but Uber only to just South of Burlington

jkelton9

Did you ever test it out?

I was in Seattle yesterday with family.Wife drove home,so I played with the Uber and Lyft apps.
Lyft showed me as online,but I never got a single ping the whole drive home.

Uber said I was only eligible for deliveries until somewhere between the Stanwood exit and south of Mt Vernon.
All through Seattle, Lynwood and Everett I kept getting back to back to back pings for deliveries. And this was around 1030pm.

Where did you find the regional map that you mentioned?