New Driver Only X Requests, No Pool

lovemycorolla

I referred a friend recently, for the $750 bonus; yes I know if he was really a friend I should tell them not to waste their time driving for Uber, but I wanted the cash since I'm not making much driving anymore.

I asked how many pool requests they were getting and they said they haven't received any. I of course didn't believe them so asked to see their ride history, and sure enough every single one of their first 100 rides said uberX, not a single Pool.

Thought that was interesting and wondered if anyone else has heard of Uber not sending Pool requests to new drivers. Might explain why all the old drivers are getting so many Pool requests coming in.

LuisEnrikee

I like pool . Most rides I take are longer distance .
People are cheap . They'll only take X if it's a short distance . I take all rides within a 7 minute travel time .

If you don't mind the mileage on your car , drive away .

ATL2SD

I referred a friend recently, for the $750 bonus; yes I know if he was really a friend I should tell them not to waste their time driving for Uber, but I wanted the cash since I'm not making much driving anymore.

I asked how many pool requests they were getting and they said they haven't received any. I of course didn't believe them so asked to see their ride history, and sure enough every single one of their first 100 rides said uberX, not a single Pool.

Thought that was interesting and wondered if anyone else has heard of Uber not sending Pool requests to new drivers. Might explain why all the old drivers are getting so many Pool requests coming in.
Can you get a screen shot & post it here?

to vono

I chatted with a newbie driver at starbucks-

and he showed me a "Congratulatory" email that uber sent him ...which basically said since he had successfully completed 50 rides, he is now "Allowed" to participate in Poop...Lucky Him

SteveSD

And which email are you referring to Mr SteveSD ?
Hi Steve,

A pleasant day and glad to extend support!

I completely understand that you want to opt out from receiving UberPool.
I've gone ahead and set your vehicle platform to receive UberX trips only.

Kindly refresh the app by logging out and log in after three minutes so that the updates will take effect at your end.

Remember, support is just an email away if needed.
If you encounter a new concern that needs to be addressed in the future, please do send us a new email anytime. Otherwise, visit our Help Page.
We're always here and happy to help.

UberReallySucks

Hi Steve,

A pleasant day and glad to extend support!

I completely understand that you want to opt out from receiving UberPool.
I've gone ahead and set your vehicle platform to receive UberX trips only.

Kindly refresh the app by logging out and log in after three minutes so that the updates will take effect at your end.

Remember, support is just an email away if needed.
If you encounter a new concern that needs to be addressed in the future, please do send us a new email anytime. Otherwise, visit our Help Page.
We're always here and happy to help.
Aren't you special SteveSD ? LOL

ATL2SD

I chatted with a newbie driver at starbucks-

and he showed me a "Congratulatory" email that uber sent him ...which basically said since he had successfully completed 50 rides, he is now "Allowed" to participate in Poop...Lucky Him
Lmao.....Unbelievable...eeeer, wait that's every bit of believable, coming from Uber.

1scottyj

I have an addl. hmmmmmmm. comment. I believe, though I cannot prove it, that UBER prioritizes requests to "New" drivers. My theory is that they want to get as many requests right away to new drivers to get them on-board with driving for UBER. I swear that just 4 months ago... I could hardly turn UBER app on without getting a request within a few minutes...always. Then I hit my 100 rides... got my bonus and gradually the request frequency went down down down. Anyone else buy my theory? I wish there was someone with UBER in the App dept. that would cough up some real truth's on how UBER operates. I'm normally not a conspiracy beleiver.. really. But this UBER company operates in the most manipulative way of any company I have worked with.

BBSHO

I have an addl. hmmmmmmm. comment. I believe, though I cannot prove it, that UBER prioritizes requests to "New" drivers. My theory is that they want to get as many requests right away to new drivers to get them on-board with driving for UBER. I swear that just 4 months ago... I could hardly turn UBER app on without getting a request within a few minutes...always. Then I hit my 100 rides... got my bonus and gradually the request frequency went down down down. Anyone else buy my theory? I wish there was someone with UBER in the App dept. that would cough up some real truth's on how UBER operates. I'm normally not a conspiracy beleiver.. really. But this UBER company operates in the most manipulative way of any company I have worked with.
YESSSSSSS! I've been saying the same thing, 100%, this is what I believe is happening.

suzyw

Yes when I first started like a month or so ago I was not recieving the poo requests either. Once I hit 20 rides I got the "congrats you're doing a great job and can now take poo rides" email. I've only gotten maybe 10-15 req so far, taken 3 and they SUCK! Lol

Bill Feit

Hey guys...think! Every Pool ride CAN be 2 rides if someone does join the ride...that means they would only have to do 50 pool rides to qualify for bonus...by no allowing Pool the driver actually has to do 100 rides...Uber ALWAYS has a plan and finds a way to screw!!!