• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Driver looking for overnight parking advice!

Doug McDonald

Hi Everyone,

I live in Manhattan and am becoming an uber driver? Where do people park their cars overnight for cheap? Do some park in Brooklyn/Queens/NJ on the street and take the subway back if they live in Manhattan? Can't pay these crazy parking garage expenses in Manhattan right now. Seems like it would be a crapshoot to find overnight parking everyday.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bx sosa

Damn homie Lol
Do whatever works for you just keep it out the BX
Hi Everyone,

I live in midtown and am becoming an uber driver? Where do people park their cars overnight for cheap? Do some park in Brooklyn/Queens/NJ on the street and take the subway back if they live in Manhattan? Can't pay these crazy parking garage expenses in Manhattan right now. Seems like it would be a crapshoot to find overnight parking everyday.

Thanks!
Definitely keep it out the Bronx, This is what happens when cars park in the bronx

Attachments

theitalian

Hi Everyone,

I live in midtown and am becoming an uber driver? Where do people park their cars overnight for cheap? Do some park in Brooklyn/Queens/NJ on the street and take the subway back if they live in Manhattan? Can't pay these crazy parking garage expenses in Manhattan right now. Seems like it would be a crapshoot to find overnight parking everyday.

Thanks!
So you live in midtown, you want to park the car in other borough and after get home. So just base math: 12-15 hours behind the wheel, 2 hours between commute and parking...after a week you are done. Just a curiosity who told you that you are going to make any money? Let me show you some screenshots of yesterday: those guys are still waiting for a ping sleeping there.Screenshot_20180124-193603~2.png Screenshot_20180124-193611~2.png Screenshot_20180124-193614~2.png

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
I did a parking garage search on Google within 2 minutes I found garages with rates starting at 250 for sedans in midtown. Even if it's 350 a month just pay it.

Alternative side parking, late night returns parking in unknown areas, insane traffic, biker traffic. Chances of something happening your car are very high. You live in midtown...

Jim1985

You gotta be missing a screw to be wanting have a car in midtown, let alone a tlc car, let alone driving for uber or to join the forum today to ask such a question. Where to park in midtown for cheap he says, you new to the city or something? Just like to this forum.

bigdreamslittlemoney

How do you afford midtown???
Projects or living in families rent controlled apt. Or living in 10*6 cube apts that are popping up for 1200 or living with roommates paying 1200. Or sharing a rent controlled apt and paying the person more than he pays for the apt lol. My wife's friend lives in 2 bedroom rent controlled apt pay 650 lol his roommate pay him 1100. Now that's life.

jaybx17

Projects or living in families rent controlled apt. Or living in 10*6 cube apts that are popping up for 1200 or living with roommates paying 1200. Or sharing a rent controlled apt and paying the person more than he pays for the apt lol. My wife's friend lives in 2 bedroom rent controlled apt pay 650 lol his roommate pay him 1100. Now that's life.
Hell yeah. I saw a few yotube videos on how they live in cubes with bunk beds that fold just to be able to live out there

bigdreamslittlemoney

Hell yeah. I saw a few yotube videos on how they live in cubes with bunk beds that fold just to be able to live out there
Yep its like renting your own virginity box. Ain't nobody dropping panties after they see a fold down bunk bed.
Lol my friend and his wife lives in on of those cubes in Chinatown lol went to his home for dinner was like wtf lol. I bent down to grab something that fell on the floor my butt touched the wall lol.

JoeJoseph

Rich parents and being bored also lol

FuberNYC

Hi Everyone,

I live in Manhattan and am becoming an uber driver? Where do people park their cars overnight for cheap? Do some park in Brooklyn/Queens/NJ on the street and take the subway back if they live in Manhattan? Can't pay these crazy parking garage expenses in Manhattan right now. Seems like it would be a crapshoot to find overnight parking everyday.

Thanks!
Why would you want to drive for Uber when you can afford to live in Manhattan.
Unless you live in Midtown or work night shift then you can park anywhere in between 7 or 8PM to 6 or 7 AM
If you are serious about this then I'd suggest you move to Queens or Brooklyn and stop worrying about parking.
If you are thinking about doing this part-time, then think twice before getting into it. Parking your can in the burbs and commuting to and from your car is going to be a hassle and a waste of time