New Driver: Just started tonight 7/8/16

UberMetalPunk

Hi everyone. I just started driving tonight (yesterday technically 7/8) and I'm already wondering how dafuq I could make any money.

I thought the Uber fee was 20%.....turns out they are charging me 25%...

I have been a reader of this forum for a couple of weeks now and can someone tell me what gives? After 2 trips and 2 hours 24minutes ....1 starting from Dulles to Sterling and the second from Sterling to Leesburg... I have "Banked" (if that can even be an appropriately applied term without shytting my pants a little) just a smidgen over 14bucks.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

4aseason

Starting in Dulles is your problem. Dulles is for drivers who want to wait 30 minutes or more for a ping that could take you to Reston. LOL! What a waste of time. Come to DC my friend, that is where the money is.

UberMetalPunk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I figure so now. I was just taking my first trial on it. Screw it now...after the second ride I went home to Centreville and hit the bottle. Lol I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Anyway, WTF is up with this 25% BS anyway? I thought it was only 20%....

UberMetalPunk

There....I kind of feel like my "AVATAR" may be appropriate.

I know that 20% is the usual. My brother in-law pays that as he's been with UberX for about 2 years. I've read on here whereas people have said it was going to 25% though and I CAN ATTEST now to it being true. There is some weirdness that is going on here... Maybe overseas computer hacks reallocating funds?

Dontmakemepullauonyou

Yeah, I figure so now. I was just taking my first trial on it. Screw it now...after the second ride I went home to Centreville and hit the bottle. Lol I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Anyway, WTF is up with this 25% BS anyway? I thought it was only 20%....
Pre December 11th 2015 I think, 20%. Everyone after 25%, XL and Select I think 28% in most markets.

UberMetalPunk

I strongly feel like there should be an overseas investigation. Sly little programmers over there where the CSRs are... They COULD also be upset about what a person makes "here" compared to what they themselves make there and POSSIBLY messing with numbers. But when a company has POSSIBLY cheap outsourcing with people that can POSSIBLY see the DATA they COULD MAYBE... want a piece....

Last edited:

UberSaur

Hi everyone. I just started driving tonight (yesterday technically 7/8) and I'm already wondering how dafuq I could make any money.

I have been a reader of this forum for a couple of weeks now and can someone tell me what gives? After 2 trips and 2 hours 24minutes ....1 starting from Dulles to Sterling and the second from Sterling to Leesburg... I have "Banked" (if that can even be an appropriately applied term without shytting my pants a little) just a smidgen over 14bucks.

Thanks in advance.
You became an Uber driver expecting to make quick easy money? Ubering is a game of attrition, long hours and endless miles.

Tart Convoy

Thanks in advance.
IMHO as a part time driver past 7 months supplementing my full time salary.
uber is a Low Skill Low Wage position (duh). McDonald's pays the french fry guy more.
But, u can do uber whenever u want.
Uber is a "fair" way to supplement your full time income.
67% of Uber drivers (about 15,000 total drivers) in the DC Metro region have Full Time jobs outside the transportation industry.
bottom line,. don't expect much from uber driving

UberMetalPunk

How do you "quote" a post on here? Or is what I'm seeing when I see a post with what I previously said just a "reply"? I want to make sure I have it correct before I continue....

UberMetalPunk

At any rate...CLASS A CDL. When I see someone here post that they've made $1000 in 43 to 50 hours a week, then someone else says it takes a lot of time, I smirky face emoticon to myself knowing that I've worked longer weeks and MANY more miles to make close to that.

Just sayin'.....

UberSaur

At any rate...CLASS A CDL. When I see someone here post that they've made $1000 in 43 to 50 hours then someone else say it takes a lot of time I smirky face a tad smidge to myself knowing that I've worked longer weeks and MANY more miles to make close to that.
I once made $1,593 in 50 hours of Uber driving.

UberMetalPunk

I once made $1,593 in 50 hours of Uber driving.
Thanks....now when you say "I ONCE MADE..." Do you mean before the great extinction?

*Smirky face emoticonificationiferousness*

ooooooooo look! I done did the quotifications......ooooo ahhhh ooooo Imma learnified now.

UberSaur

Thanks....now when you say "I ONCE MADE..." Do you mean before the great extinction?

*Smirky face emoticonificationiferousness*
No, it could be done again, but only if you're willing to drive ungodly amounts of miles, like 2,000+ hard city miles a week through the pothole ridden streets of DC.

Remy Hendra

Use the destination filter from your area to downtown DC and start making your way around the city. Use it again once you ready to go back to Leesburg.

UberMetalPunk

No, it could be done again, but only if you're willing to drive ungodly amounts of miles, like 2,000+ hard city miles a week through the pothole ridden streets of DC.
That's a mere piss in the wind...slight annoyance. Used to be a messenger downtown in the early 2000's.

4aseason

I did $1,041.00 this week so far in 37 hours, thanks to boost. I may go out tonight, still on the fence.

Last edited: