New Driver in Vernon CT

DanJamesUber

Hello. My name is Dan. I just started driving for Uber about a month and a half ago. I am based out of Vernon CT. An doing this part time on nights and weekends when I can. Been pretty slow during the week at night so far but not bad Fri and Sat.

( I typically turn the app on at about 11 when I'm out of my regular job which is in Enfield. Between Enfield and Vernon sometimes I'll get a ping at night during the week but not often.. At least not Mon to Third...Been somewhat steady Fri and Sat night with all the drunks at least.

I downloaded the Zello app about an hour ago but got blocked from Uber CT, probably because I didn't identify myself. My screen name is DanJamesUber in Zello if the admin sees this and is able to unblock me.

Anyway, I've read a lot of the tips, advice, updates, etc. on here since I started and have found it often helpful. So, thank you to those of you who post.

Any tips, advice, or other info always appreciated.

Dan

DanJamesUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Greetings and welcome Dan!
Thanks Jason for the welcome. I'll most often be driving between Enfield and Vernon, and between Vernon and Storrs. Or, you know, wherever the drunks want to go on Fri and Sat nights. haha..

JasonCT

Cool I'm eastern CT mostly as far north as UConn and south as New London.
I'm sure our paths will cross if we're doing this for any length of time.

I'm JasonMiniCooper on Zello feel free to say hi anytime.

Jaker

Hi Dan and everyone else, I am also new. About a month in. I am from Manchester. Been doing the Hartford Friday & Sat night drunk drive last few weekends along with some local pings. Skipping this weekend to protest UBER,s price reduction. Wish all Hartford drivers would jump on board but know it won't happen. Hope to run into one of these days. Best of luck!

DanJamesUber

Hi Dan and everyone else, I am also new. About a month in. I am from Manchester. Been doing the Hartford Friday & Sat night drunk drive last few weekends along with some local pings. Skipping this weekend to protest UBER,s price reduction. Wish all Hartford drivers would jump on board but know it won't happen. Hope to run into one of these days. Best of luck!
Nice to meet you and Welcome! Yeah with the new rates I'm sticking to Tolland County.

Jaker

Glad to hear that, Drivers need to show solidarity with a company like Uber or they will keep on taking. I don't want to be negative, it is an ok part time job locally and I do enjoy it, but Uber through the first punch.

navygz19

Welcome Dan. I'm an Uber greenhorn as well from Simsbury. Thinking I'll probably get the most bang for my buck in and around Hartford but we'll see. Happy to meet you!

DanJamesUber

Welcome Dan. I'm an Uber greenhorn as well from Simsbury. Thinking I'll probably get the most bang for my buck in and around Hartford but we'll see. Happy to meet you!
Thanks for the welcome. It's a hustle that's for sure. How are you liking it so far? Not a bad time to be driving part time weekends with colleges back. Gotta teach these college kids to TIP though!!