• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New driver in Jax where's the hot spots Fri-Sun

ladyroyal

Hello everyone I'm new to the city just moved her from up north. I am trying to maximize my earnings here since it is so different then driving up north. Can anyone point me to where I need to be driving and times. I'm finding it hard to make 100 or more a night throughout the week here like I did back home. Thanks in advance!:wink::smiles:

ladyroyal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you everyone for your responses I appreciate it. excluding the negative angry driver that type of attitude will have you coming up short in life. lol

UberUber81

I'm not really sure what to tell you ladyroyal, open up the Uber passenger application and move the pin around Jacksonville. You will see all the drivers visible that are ready to accept a ride, and what's even more haunting are the ones that are already on trips that are not visible.

It's really just plain and simple too many drivers, and the ones that have been doing it a while, we all have to do stupid strategies in order to just get by.

No more easy money honey, sorry.

Fla Uber Chick

Don't know what to tell you. I've been driving over years. A year ago I could go to the airport in the day and there would be maybe 15 in the queue, now even if there are less than 30 you will be waiting over an hour and a half. The rate per mile is what, .68? There is not a base fare, then the cheap per min pay. Good luck. I have select hours that I work and have found an area I prefer. I drive from north jax to port orange. All depends on what is going on in the cities. Best thing to do is find out when concerts and seminars get out at local places. Maybe art/wine walk ending times. Things like that.

Hello everyone I'm new to the city just moved her from up north. I am trying to maximize my earnings here since it is so different then driving up north. Can anyone point me to where I need to be driving and times. I'm finding it hard to make 100 or more a night throughout the week here like I did back home. Thanks in advance!:wink::smiles:
Be prepared to do 12 hours for that hundred.

Fla Uber Chick

Drive it and you will see for yourself.
I think you might have a discrimination problem. I drive all areas and have not had any probems in any of the areas including the less popular ones.
My hours are late night to morning. Attitude has everything to do with experiences. So if you have had bad experiences it might just be related to your attitude. I've driven the gate area in the day and night and its mostly college students. I do the avenues area, southside blvd, baymeadows, jbt, beaches, ponte vedra, areas around UNF, sometimes the airport, urban area, arlington, etc...but I do avoid the downtown landing area because its a pain in the butt. The bus station is always good for a long ride. I would tell new drivers to sit still for 10 minutes and you will get a call where ever you are. And if it doesn't ping, drive a few blocks and wait again.

Telsa34

I think you might have a discrimination problem. I drive all areas and have not had any probems in any of the areas including the less popular ones.
My hours are late night to morning. Attitude has everything to do with experiences. So if you have had bad experiences it might just be related to your attitude. I've driven the gate area in the day and night and its mostly college students. I do the avenues area, southside blvd, baymeadows, jbt, beaches, ponte vedra, areas around UNF, sometimes the airport, urban area, arlington, etc...but I do avoid the downtown landing area because its a pain in the butt. The bus station is always good for a long ride. I would tell new drivers to sit still for 10 minutes and you will get a call where ever you are. And if it doesn't ping, drive a few blocks and wait again.
G you must be a clairvoyant so you deducted from my statement that I would put Hey Joe on ignore that I was racist and didn't like blacks how do you figure that.

I believe you're the one that came in this forum and was asking for help two people advise you that recommendation you were getting was not the safest or profitable to drive in, especially for a woman.

No mam you are way out to lunch on this.

I didn't say anything about blacks or discrimination you did, your mind's in the gutter. I drive where I feel safe if you feel safe driving there especially as a woman have at it.

And as a newbie you come to this forum and you asked for help and then call members racist for giving you sound advice.

Another person hey Joe is the one that directed you to drive in that area knowing that that is not the safest area or hardly profitable to drive in Jacksonville, to me that was a sarcastic remark and that's why submarine mike said what he said, so go back and read the post before you open your mouth and insert your foot.

Submarine Mike from this board told you not to drive over there and that's when I posted what I did which was, why I put that person on ignore, hey Joe. Because most of his marks are not beneficial to newbies.

I didn't say anything about who lives in that area or the dangers. You did.

That's why the member submarine Mike told you not to drive there and you want to jump on me and call me a racist and tell me I discriminate. And your remarks is why a lot of us don't want to help newbies. Well dear I will sure tell you where all the best spots in Jacksonville are to drive. And yes that is a facetious remark.

And I'm sure a lot of us feel the same way.

Last edited:

Sammyj

My thoughts exactly I thought we were discussing traffic here not people. Agree with Telsa34 100%.

And by the way we are discussing Gate Parkway not Gateway

ladyroyal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't know what to tell you. I've been driving over years. A year ago I could go to the airport in the day and there would be maybe 15 in the queue, now even if there are less than 30 you will be waiting over an hour and a half. The rate per mile is what, .68? There is not a base fare, then the cheap per min pay. Good luck. I have select hours that I work and have found an area I prefer. I drive from north jax to port orange. All depends on what is going on in the cities. Best thing to do is find out when concerts and seminars get out at local places. Maybe art/wine walk ending times. Things like that.

I refuse to work 12 hrs for a hundred dollars lol I've been driving Uber almost 3 years just new to J Ville. I never been out for 12 hrs to make over 100 and I won't here. It seemed that way to me at first but I've made over 300 this week so far.

Attachments

Telsa34

I refuse to work 12 hrs for a hundred dollars lol I've been driving Uber almost 3 years just new to J Ville. I never been out for 12 hrs to make over 100 and I won't here. It seemed that way to me at first but I've made over 300 this week so far.
I don't know what to tell you my friend, I guess you're in the wrong business because right now it's slow, but I do believe it's going to pick up, yesterday I made $160 driving with both apps, in less than 8 hours, but I ran a tank full of gas out of my car, but I didn't sign up thinking I was going to make a vast Fortune, the advantage for driving for Uber or lyft is the fact that we can set our own hours if we get tired we quit if we don't want to work tomorrow we don't have to. I signed up to give me something to do to meet nice people to see sections of Jacksonville that I've never seen before and I enjoy driving.

Screenshot_20170831-184209.png
Screenshot_20170831-184158.png