1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

New Driver - Huntsville AL

Discussion in 'Huntsville' started by DanielHSV, Mar 9, 2016.

1. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hi, new driver in Huntsville AL. Market just went live last week. I work full time in communications and an using this for a side job.

Unfortunately I don't have the most fuel efficient vehicle. 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie - Large cab leather etc. So riders seem to like it but I average 15mpg around town.

Have already found a few of my camping spots, business is good Wednesday to Saturday from about 10p to 3am due to the bar scene. Day time market hasn't quite caught on yet.

Just going to feel it out for a while and see how it goes. Love to hear from others! Anyone else drive a ram?

2. Joe Neil Uber

Joe Neil Uber New Member

I dont drive a Ram but a Hyundai Elantra with an A decal on the back. Roll Tide!!! How have your rides been?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  3. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Started Tuesday, I've averaged 2-3 fares a night. Hoping this weekend will be better! All good passengers so far and all were from out of town.

4. Joe Neil Uber

Joe Neil Uber New Member

I made 87 dollars just on Saturday and Sunday from only being online for 8 or so hours. I was getting nothing but cancellations on launch night (Friday) I chalked it up to people checking to see if it would work because they all cancelled 30 seconds or less after I accepted. I gotta say that I was pretty ecstatic when I was able to complete my first fare early Sat. morning and that he didn't cancel right away. Lol

5. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Well so far tonight (Friday) I got one request that was way up off hwy 53, drove all the way out there think this would be a good across town or down town fare and pull only for her to text me saying she was just testing the app... At least I got the cancellation fee out of it. Other than that nothing so far tonight. Problem is there are about 45 drivers out right now and not enough demand. I'm trying to separate myself from the hoards or drivers that clump up at bridge street and downtown and try and catch one. I'll probably head downtown a little later.

6. Joe Neil Uber

Joe Neil Uber New Member

I picked one up from the bus depot saturday night after having to call her because either she or the app sent me to the wrong place(again) took her to one hotel only for her to change her destination, which is fine but then she proceeds to cancel ride before I could finish the trip. Which forced me to contact Uber support. At least I can say the corrected it without n 2 hours.

7. JaxUbermom

JaxUbermom Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey guys!!! Welcome to the dark side of the communications forums. :)
    Your market will catch on. See you over on Sherpa Share for tales of entertainment. Make sure to get emoji and do it Bungy style!!!

Alabama71 likes this.
  8. stgnet

stgnet New Member

There is a Zello PTT channel for Huntsville Uber Drivers. Just install the Zello app and search for Huntsville.

9. doglover

doglover New Member

I need to have my vehicle inspected and they have set it up with Meineke. All the numbers I call have been disconnected. Anybody have theirs inspected yet and where?

10. Joe Neil Uber

Joe Neil Uber New Member

There are many places that will do it in town. Firestone is one and I believe they charge about 20 bucks. If you would like to know of more places, there is a walkie talkie app named Zellow that you can download for free. Under that app search for channel named "Huntsville Uber Drivers ". The other drivers and I would be glad to help you with anything we can. Have a good day and I hope to catch you on the channel

11. Kaity

Kaity New Member

I'm trying to use the app and it just keeps playing the rules of the feed we are using

12. Joe Neil Uber

Joe Neil Uber New Member

You have to respond to the e-mail that Zello sends you to complete setup. If you still have trouble let me know and I can meet you in person if you'd like, and can help you get it set up.

13. Kaity

Kaity New Member

So I think I got it working. But Haven't really heard a response. I'm really trying to figure out when the best times are to drive. for example I spent a good few hours on Sunday and Monday without any riders. And I just dont want to be wasting time.

14. Denel

Denel New Member

Today is my first day! I am nervously excited! I have no idea where to go to start. Should I drive around, or find a place and park? What are the best times? Is there any kind of zone map I can look at? Should I go to the airport? Man am I nervous!

15. HaleyJo

HaleyJo New Member

I had my first fare last night. Thankful it was a easy going rider. I hope that Huntsville catches on to the Uber idea quick. Where does anyone suggest sitting while waiting?

16. Jake247

Jake247 New Member

Hello all. New driver here in Huntsville. I have a few questions:

1. I received the email from Uber with links to the local information and how to get the Uber sticker but my password doesn't work. Can anyone explain to me what I need to do and how to get the Uber sticker?

2. Is the vehicle inspection required for Huntsville?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

17. Jake247

Jake247 New Member

Thanks for the previous replies. I've only been driving for 4 days and I'm frustrated already with Adjusted Fares. In 4 days my Uber phone app showed I made $239.83 ( I log all the payout totals after each ride). Now my payout is only $177.56 because of adjusted fees. I've noticed that Uber will charge the driver a flat rate of $8.00 for all of the rides that's been adjusted down instead of the usual flat rate. I base my hours on how much I think I've made for the day so this is extremely frustrating. Does this happen daily, is it just me for some reason, is there a way to fix this, have other drivers had this happen? I'm at a loss so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

18. Shawn B.

Shawn B. New Member

Hello, I've been driving for since 05/03/2016. 20 days ago I received an email and message saying changes to the Huntsville Ordinance stating my 2001 Surburban is not longer allowed to operate. I would need to update/upload another vehichle 2006 or newer. Can anyone confirm vehicle year requirement. I'm not getting a straight answer or no answer from Uber Support or the folks down town, who seemed to not know any ordinance change. Also, all the information and sites online still say 2001 or newer

19. Onthelake56

Onthelake56 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    http://www.idrivewithuber.com/uber-cities/uber-huntsville-prices-driver-requirements/
    • Your vehicle must have 4 doors (which open independently).
    • Your vehicle must be from the year 2005 or newer.
    • You must have a clean title (no salvage vehicles are allowed).
    • Your vehicle must be in excellent condition (cosmetically & mechanically).
    • Your vehicle cannot be a large van, or a former or current taxi vehicle

20. JustSino

JustSino New Member

Hi All...

New Uber driver here. I began driving last Monday. Admittedly I was nervous but it went smoothly. I enjoy the freedom of it. How many other drivers are there in Huntsville? Anyone know?

See you on the road!

Tina