New Driver here

Marvin Harman

Hello...new driver in the Tampa area. I'm 44, and drive a 2016 Audi S4. I do this as a hobby, as I get bored on the nights my wife works, and I'm off from work. I do it to meet people, and have conversations. I'm a retired Lt.Col for the Air Force and was a leader for 22 years in Military...so, for me, it's all about the people. so far, I've had good experiences. I have "hot towels" for my customers, Fiji and Perrier Water bottles, mints, gum, chargers, ipad for use and even essentials like toothbrushes for those that forgot those on the way to the airport. I've had good luck and good response in the 20 trips thusfar. I love that there is a community for uber drivers!

Thank you.

Marvin

Cableguynoe

Hello...new driver in the Tampa area. I'm 44, and drive a 2016 Audi S4. I do this as a hobby, as I get bored on the nights my wife works, and I'm off from work. I do it to meet people, and have conversations. I'm a retired Lt.Col for the Air Force and was a leader for 22 years in Military...so, for me, it's all about the people. so far, I've had good experiences. I have "hot towels" for my customers, Fiji and Perrier Water bottles, mints, gum, chargers, ipad for use and even essentials like toothbrushes for those that forgot those on the way to the airport. I've had good luck and good response in the 20 trips thusfar. I love that there is a community for uber drivers!

Thank you.

Marvin
Welcome Marvin.
All those things you provide are crazy for such an inexpensive ride.

But if you're doing it because you're bored and obviously not for the money, have at it.

Marvin Harman

You're right...and, for me, it's really about having fun...meeting people, and watching their delight when things are unexpected. I may go this another week, or another month...who knows really. It's fun. I can just turn it on whenever I want, and shut it off, whenever I want.

Ayad

Welcome aboard. Hope it is a good experience for you, both on the road and at this forum. You might want to modify or change your user name - at least with regards to your last name - to protect your identity from scammers and to have more freedom to express your opinions.

Marvin Harman

Welcome aboard. Hope it is a good experience for you, both on the road and at this forum. You might want to modify or change your user name - at least with regards to your last name - to protect your identity from scammers and to have more freedom to express your opinions.

Thank you...and I purposely misspelled my last name :-)