• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

new driver favoristism

uberissohonest

does anyone have proof, or can it even be proven that uber funnels more rides to new drivers? like many here, i suspect
that they do, but is there any hard evidence?

MRuber55

I had a thought yesterday driving around Miami, that if you have a higher star rating, you may get offers first before lower star rated drivers? Not sure.

pushye

They control the app.. i personally suspect that we are all write.
Every conceivable app manipulation is theoretically possible At any time for any undetermined amount of time for anyone holding the keys to the master app

Uber Kraus

I'm doing fine four months in. Depends mostly on how many drivers are on the road and what's going on in town. College kids are back and business is booming

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

does anyone have proof, or can it even be proven that uber funnels more rides to new drivers? like many here, i suspect
that they do, but is there any hard evidence?
Please, STOP crying. On the record, they say that they do not do this, in the general sense that this is not a dispatching priority. But consider for a moment if they did. At one time you also were a Noob and you would have received this benefit. This temporary benefit period has now elapsed, as it soon will for the current crop of "noobs". You are now a veteran and the experience and market saavy you have gained will compensate. This is like the old cable customer complaining that the new cable customer is getting a promotion. Yes, and so did you when you signed up. And then the cable company will @@@@ them as they @@@@ed you. This is the nature of promotions. That is, if this noob prority exists at all. So, be confident in the fact that you have have already been @@@@ed and lived to tell the tale. The next Noob may not be as fortunate.

But no, there is no hard evidence to prove this either way. In fact there is little 'hard evidence" regarding anything Uber. Welcome to UberWurld. There is only the published Rider Agreement, The Driver Agreement, your markets Rate Addendum to the DA, and our collective experiences as shared here. And 50% of stuff posted here is probably misinformation, inaccurate information, or deliberate bullshit. Theoretically, one could try and test this in the field. If you could organize three or four groups and pair them off to see if noobs got pings before vets. But it would be very difficult to do with any degree of accuracy. If one could get access to Uber's server data...one could possibly connect the right dots. Barring disclosure of their proprietary data this is just not something we can "know". Really though, why does it matter?

There are conflicting operator reports that in certain markets they dispatch ping priority to drivers working guarantees, but this is relative to fulfilling a driver guarantee quota and not a tenure consideration. Meaning, that a noob can be on the same guarantee program as a veteran and receive dispatch priority related to fulfilling his guarantee requirements. Confused? Don't sweat it. There are many things Uber you can not control and this is one of them. There is no human dispatch to influence and the servers are controlled by software you will never understand. So focus on what you can control. Be where you believe Pins will originate. The noob may get the first ping, you'll get the second!

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

I had a thought yesterday driving around Miami, that if you have a higher star rating, you may get offers first before lower star rated drivers? Not sure.
Here' s a thought. Search this forum and learn the answers to your questions. You are not the first man on this moon.