1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

New driver, but my ratings are poor. Please help.

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by tom97531, Dec 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kdyrpr

kdyrpr Well-Known Member

Wouldn't work for me as a pax...lol.

tohunt4me and FormerTaxiDriver like this.
  2. FormerTaxiDriver

FormerTaxiDriver Well-Known Member

I got sixty bucks in tips already this week. However, I one stared a couple snot nosed Millennials, then got retaliated against.

MercDuke likes this.
  3. Ubernomics

Ubernomics Active Member

I have excellent ratings after 2.5 yrs driving. I don't have a problem with people rating me poor because of my race and or ethnicity. FYI Indian people who sit in the front seat do not rate it is against their Faith..just an observation.

FormerTaxiDriver likes this.
  4. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Its a wonder they didnt report you as intoxicated and deactivate you

Just like uber
    Lies

5. Cndragon

Cndragon Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Huh? Not sure about that.. had a guy a couple weeks ago, he was super impressed I pulled up into his apt complex right in front of his building..he said most of them stop at the end of the street and dont know where to go next. Then (thanks to Waze) by-passed all the morning traffic to get him to the airport, he thought I was an angel...kept telling me how amazing I am. My 5-start counter went up and he left me a pretty nice tip. Super cool guy too.

Last year was my first year / Christmas and I thought it would be fun to hand out candy canes...I also got a little light up tree for my car but it has green glitter on it and it made me mad so I didnt use it lol but I digress. I kept the candy canes hidden away, and only gave it out after the ride to nice pax, annoying ones got nothing. A few times they were so delighted by this little thing they would give me a tip for it if they had the cash to. Now that there is tipping in app, Im hoping it will really pay off this year.

Don't stress too hard... my ratings fluctuated wildly for the first 300 or so rides...you have so few ratings that each and every one makes a big impact. Agree with the advice to keep your car scent free, that includes your body. And I dont mean just bad odors..any scent, cologne, perfumes, strong smelling deodorant...goodness knows as a driver, when someone gets in the car smelling strong I want to die. So dont do that to your pax.

I say hello and ask them how their day is..depending on how the answer I'll keep taking to them..super friendly pax tend to tip..but if they are curt, I shut up, leave them alone and drive. I keep the car tidy, and do a spot check when someone leaves the car. Something else Ive learned is, even if I make a mistake while driving, say nothing, just let the gps reroute and keep it moving. The moment they feel like I made a mistake or dont know where Im going, they get annoyed, but if I act like I meant to do that, they trust me more and either way reflects in my ratings.

I like talkative people cause I can distract them with my stupid sense of humour...when people are in a good mood, they dont notice stuff as much and think youre awesome...I get, youre the best Uber Ive ever had! many a time, even when I got off on the wrong freeway exit, or missed a turn and had to circle back around in downtown 1 way road hell..I just keep them distracted and hope they dont notice and/or dont care.

GT500KR, MercDuke and tohunt4me like this.

6. Saltyoldman

Saltyoldman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You probably just had one crappy millenial that have you a 1 star. It doesn’t take that much after 20 rides to drop your rating like that. Check your weekly feedback summary in your emails.

Julescase likes this.
  7. UberIsverycaring

UberIsverycaring Member

Probably a very "salty" millennial.

8. 4.9 forever

4.9 forever Well-Known Member

One thing I have noticed, and am very surprised it hasn't come up yet. Do not take line rides. Line and pool kill your rating fast. When you are new and nervous, you make little mistakes. This is multiplied by the number of pickups. If you make a mistake with 3 people who are rating you, that is 3 bad ratings not just one. After you have more confidence you can make the line or not decision based on your personal profit goals.

GT500KR and Cndragon like this.
  9. Cndragon

Driving:
    UberX
    Ooh man this happened to me when I was new. 3 different riders, I made a wrong turn then while gps was recalculating it just went black. Nothing would bring waze back to life. I panicked and was too new to realize I could just open uber and use that nav.

I ended up having everyone just give me directions once we figured out who should be dropped off next. My perfect 5.0 rating was gone with the wind... total nosedive. They all must've given me a 1*. I was so anxious and upset I logged out and went home feeling so so defeated.

I got over it though and so did my rating. Ill never see 5.0 again but what I have is plenty good enough. Everything evens out in time.

Bubsie, GT500KR and MercDuke like this.
  10. Saltyoldman

Saltyoldman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I would have to classify millennial as ‘Eggie’ Or ‘Hard boiled’

11. ntcindetroit

ntcindetroit Active Member

I have no idea how and what 5 stars stand for. I only noticed when Lyft sent an email warning the rating is hovering around 4.5 and still have no idea they are going to use that against me. Before I could get any real feeling about what Lyft is all about, they sent me a deactivation notice after their holistic evaluation. I'm still at lost what have I done wrong to be deactivated.

12. UberIsverycaring

UberIsverycaring Member

Or poached!

13. Cndragon

Driving:
    UberX
    You know how after every ride you are presented with a star rating for your passengers? They also get one for you. The star ratings work the same as well... you have heard of the concept of ratings right? That's what it is. Except that getting or giving a 4 or less is a bad thing.

Something is going on with your rides that your passengers are rating you low to the point you'd get a deactivation warning.

14. ntcindetroit

ntcindetroit Active Member

We don't think there was an agreement btwn Rider(s) and Driver(s) to subject themselves to a rating by a crowd of unqualified and/or irrational raters. Is there any assurance there will be no unintended outcome from the misinterpretation or wrongful usage of a [Garbage In Garbage Out] rating scheme, regardless whether it's 5 stars or not.

15. Big Wig !!!

Big Wig !!! Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Lyft/Uber PAX are all Back stabbers.

GT500KR likes this.
  16. Elmo Burrito

Elmo Burrito Well-Known Member

You may have to resort to groveling and ask everyone to shoot you 5* and say "it will really help me as a new driver" it has worked for some.

17. MercDuke

MercDuke Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yes to a lot of the posts. I had a guy give me 1 star today because I made him ride in back. He reported me as "UNPROFESSIONAL!" And, he was a &%$@!*. That's it, a drunk, stupid petty PAXHOLE. PERIOD. I have like 150 trips, driving a newer Mercedes Benz, a 4.93 rating, and I made him ride in back because I had a sweater and a couple of bottles of water on the front seat. I could have let him sit in front, but I didn't. And he gave me 1 star, ok.... Now I know, next time I will just cancel on his ass!

18. freeFromUber

freeFromUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    40 rides in a day???? How long did you drive 23 hours? Doubtful.

What? You gave candy canes to the nice passengers but NOTHING to the a$$ hats? This year, I hope you will include some lumps of coal so the snowflakes don’t feel left out.

19. Cndragon

Driving:
    UberX
    They aren't worth the effort to find/buy and carry coal. As it is, I probably ate more candy canes than I gave out.

I try my best, but sometimes I can be such a Grinch lol

20. GT500KR

GT500KR Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Scrambled, weed is legal here.

A percentage of drivers are, fairly/unfairly deactivated, these forums outline strategy's to avoid that outcome.