New driver app

BkS

So I heard new driver app was rolling out April 10. I don’t have it and have no updates to get it. Did anyone get it yet?

MrChristopherK

Have not received the new app yet...

NOT looking forward to the new bugs and features added, or worse, features taken away... :rolleyes:

Caspita

You don’t have it yet? Oh oh .. I heard only people in review for deactivation didn’t get it.. if you get it it means you get to survive another day.

JK of course :biggrin: .. who wants an app that purposely hides surge multipliers? I’m actually blocking any updates and will avoid it until there is no way out.

easteuropeboy

You don’t have it yet? Oh oh .. I heard only people in review for deactivation didn’t get it.. if you get it it means you get to survive another day.

JK of course :biggrin: .. who wants an app that purposely hides surge multipliers? I’m actually blocking any updates and will avoid it until there is no way out.
It hides surge ?

Caspita

It hides surge ?
It hides the multiplier. Regardless of how far you zoom in it cannot be seen in the new app. You see the cloud but you have no idea what the multiplier is. Also it seems the fare detail is being removed in the new app (where you can see how much the pax paid). Rumor is the two changes were made to easy the implementation of the Charlotte fix surge amount later on for other markets.

BkS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like how they said they were so busy focusing on building the company that they never thought about the drivers who make Uber possible. Maybe they need to give us a raise rather then update app. However, 1 step at a time. The airport upgrade seems better because waiting in queue for a while and then getting a shitty ride is really frustrating

easteuropeboy

I like how they said they were so busy focusing on building the company that they never thought about the drivers who make Uber possible. Maybe they need to give us a raise rather then update app. However, 1 step at a time. The airport upgrade seems better because waiting in queue for a while and then getting a shitty ride is really frustrating
Dude airport update is not working yet

SuzeCB

But how is that fair when you go to the airport and get that crappy ride, then decide to take a break for dinner, help the kids with homework, maybe take some other rides...

So long as you get back into the timeshare lot, you jump to the front of the line, and it sucks to be the guy that's been sitting there for a half hour.

Or, better still, when the roles are reversed... still think it makes things better? There's going to be fights at the roach coach.

BkS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude airport update is not working yet
But how is that fair when you go to the airport and get that crappy ride, then decide to take a break for dinner, help the kids with homework, maybe take some other rides...

So long as you get back into the timeshare lot, you jump to the front of the line, and it sucks to be the guy that's been sitting there for a half hour.

Or, better still, when the roles are reversed... still think it makes things better? There's going to be fights at the roach coach.

Well technically the guy who’s waiting for 30 min will have the same quick trip offer. It’s up to him if he wants to take it or not. There have been times that i would wait for over an hour and then get a $15 fare somewhere 5-10 min away and then have to come back to airport to wait another 40-90 min for a ping. That’s not fair either.

SuzeCB

Well technically the guy who’s waiting for 30 min will have the same quick trip offer. It’s up to him if he wants to take it or not. There have been times that i would wait for over an hour and then get a $15 fare somewhere 5-10 min away and then have to come back to airport to wait another 40-90 min for a ping. That’s not fair either.
6 hours is not a "quick trip". 1 hour, ok. 2 hours, maybe. 6? That's insane.