1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New driver APP question

Discussion in 'Advice' started by bernie82, Sep 12, 2015.

1. bernie82

bernie82

A customer asks me to drop him off a mile from his destination. How do I tell the APP that the trip was completed?

2. Backdash

Backdash

Anyone?

3. ATX 22

ATX 22

Hit end trip. The app doesn't distinguish between their drop off point and where you dropped them. GPS will show where you were when you hit end trip.

Backdash likes this.
  4. Backdash

Backdash

ATX 22ATX 22 you're a better man than me

5. ATX 22

ATX 22

I was new once, too. It's not like Uber has any real training.

Jam Val likes this.
  6. Backdash

Backdash

Still

ATX 22 likes this.
  7. bernie82

bernie82

How can I hit end of trip when the end of trip Icon is not on the screen?

8. ATX 22

ATX 22

Should be a banner with their name on it at the bottom of the screen. Tap that, end trip should come up.

9. ATX 22

ATX 22

How long ago did you drop them off?

10. More to the point, they can't. "Training" is an instant "employee status" slam dunk under the law. Employees get trained; contractors don't.

11. ATX 22

ATX 22

Good point, RainbowPlate.
    An instructional page on use of the app would be helpful to the newly onboarded. They might have one, but it could take days of digging through the website to find it.

12. bernie82

bernie82

So if I understand you I can drop a customer off anywhere he chooses and then sit and wait until a banner with the customers name appears on the APP screen or does the banner appear as soon as I click on customer picked up?

13. ATX 22

ATX 22

When you picked them up, there should have been a green banner that said "start trip", you slide that, and the trip is started. During the trip, their name should be on the bottom of screen in a white banner with a small "drop off" in red letters above their name.
    Did you remember to start the trip?

14. bernie82

bernie82

I do start the trip now. I missed that on my first trip. It would be great if someone would write detailed instructions on how to use the APP. If I get to a point where I'm completely comfortable with the APP I'll write an APP instruction manual assuming the newbie driver know absolutely nothing about the app. Thanks for all the help.

15. ATX 22

ATX 22

This is very important.
    Do you remember the pickup and drop off addresses?
    You need to do a fare adjustment. PM me and I will walk you through it.

16. bernie82

bernie82

Thanks. I have done a few fare adjustments but yesterday went well, I only did one. I do it by emailing the info to partnerssf. They having been responding quickly and make the fare adjustment. They suggest using the "Help" Icon on the app to do this. I haven't tried that yet.
    I didn't notice the customer rating when I get a pickup customer hit. I'll look for it from now on. From what I reading, it's best not to accept customers with less than a 4.5 rating.
    Picking up jobs at the colleges is a nightmare trying to find the customer.
    If it wasn't for me finding this forum I think I would have given up on Uber. Everone has been patient and great.

Avi-ator and ATX 22 like this.
  17. Avi-ator

Avi-ator

Driving:
    UberX
    New with Uber too and you're right, they can sure do much better with improving your comfort with the app. The video they publish is great only if everything goes perfect but the reality is, you end up learning on the go. This forum is 10x more helpful, I only wish I found it before I started. Only did 6 trips (1 cancel) so far, off to a bumpy start with avg of 4.5 so I'm here gathering as much pointers as I can absorb before going online again. A 4.5 is not a favorable place to be. My objective is clear.

18. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    Problem with an app training tool is the app changes weekly. It is completely different from last month and the month before that. If they ever decide on a final design then it may help.

19. CityGirl

CityGirl

Driving:
    UberX
    So now on Android we have PICK UP BOB and DROP OFF BOB instead of START TRIP and END TRIP. Annoying.
    So you just click DROP OFF BOB and the trip will end.