New driver...4.2 rating?!

Peacefulme83

Hello everyone, I'm a new driver & I've only completed 5 trips. My first question is, "Why does it say that I have a total of 10 trips?" I didn't accept some pings, so does that count for my number of trips? Also, my rating dropped to 4.2! I honestly know that I did everything almost perfectly. The riders seemed happy, at least the ones who weren't drunk and actually coherent. So my last question is,"Does not accepting pings count against my 5-star rating or is there a separate acceptance rating and if so, where can I can view it? Thanks for any input.

Dillanwasx

I am not actually positive about your specific question. But I do know the following:
  • When you accept a pax and then cancel the trip, it will be logged in your trip history. You will need to think back and remember if this was the case.
  • No, your acceptance rating, as far as I know, does not damage not help your rating. However, on a weekly basis (probably Monday morning) you will recieved an email from uber with your acceptance PERCENTAGE. Which uber prefers you keep high consistently.

I hope this helps and if I am wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me.

Peacefulme83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am not actually positive about your specific question. But I do know the following:
  • When you accept a pax and then cancel the trip, it will be logged in your trip history. You will need to think back and remember if this was the case.
  • No, your acceptance rating, as far as I know, does not damage not help your rating. However, on a weekly basis (probably Monday morning) you will recieved an email from uber with your acceptance PERCENTAGE. Which uber prefers you keep high consistently.

I hope this helps and if I am wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me.
Hello, I haven't accepted trips and cancelled, I just simply didn't accept a few. I just wanted to clarify if someone had given me a low rating or if not accepting rides played a part in the rating. Thanks for your response.

Dillanwasx

Hello, I haven't accepted trips and cancelled, I just simply didn't accept a few. I just wanted to clarify if someone had given me a low rating or if not accepting rides played a part in the rating. Thanks for your response.
Well because of the area I live in I have to be careful of where I drive during the night. Embarrassed to admit, I have a 15% acceptance percentage but carry a perfect 5.0 partner rating.

Therefore, someone had given you a bad rating my friend.

Peacefulme83

This is very discouraging as I have a great attitude, know where I'm going for the most part, have a luxury vehicle, I'm not a jerk at all. I don't get it. I'm pretty annoyed with this. I've only done about 5 rides which maybe 3 were tipsy or drunk. It's highly annoying to have such a drop like this so quickly.

Dillanwasx

This is very discouraging as I have a great attitude, know where I'm going for the most part, have a luxury vehicle, I'm not a jerk at all. I don't get it. I'm pretty annoyed with this. I've only done about 5 rides which maybe 3 were tipsy or drunk. It's highly annoying to have such a drop like this so quickly.
As far as I understand Uber doesn't bust your balls right away. They allow you to get your trips up so that you don't get pushed out of the job because of one bad rating. With only 5 rides, I'm assuming someone gave you a 4 instead of a 5. Don't be discouraged. All will be fine. I have never seen a 5.0 driver before so it's normal.

Peacefulme83

As far as I understand Uber doesn't bust your balls right away. They allow you to get your trips up so that you don't get pushed out of the job because of one bad rating. With only 5 rides, I'm assuming someone gave you a 4 instead of a 5. Don't be discouraged. All will be fine. I have never seen a 5.0 driver before so it's normal.
I really appreciate it.

Peacefulme83

When I first started I obsessed about my rating, now I don't even look at it.
Okay, I think once I get the hang of it I won't care as much especially knowing that I'm doing a good job and being professional and courteous.

RainbowPlate

The math is straightforward: Someone gave you a 1*.

Maximum stars = 5 x 5 = 25
Stars Received = 4.2 x 5 = 21
Star Deficit = 25 - 21 = 4 = 5 - 1.

or 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 21; 21 /5 = 4.2

For perspective: Receiving nine 5* and a single 1* means a 4.6, which supposedly means you should be fired. Such is the madness of the rating system.

As others said, forget about ratings: too many pax are idiots and pricks, and Uberlyft are no longer deactivating anyway in fear of the "employer versus contractor" issue.

Peacefulme83

The math is straightforward: Someone gave you a 1*.

Maximum stars = 5 x 5 = 25
Stars Received = 4.2 x 5 = 21
Star Deficit = 25 - 21 = 4 = 5 - 1.

or 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 21; 21 /5 = 4.2

For perspective: Receiving nine 5* and a single 1* means a 4.6, which supposedly means you should be fired. Such is the madness of the rating system.

As others said, forget about ratings: too many pax are idiots and pricks, and Uberlyft are no longer deactivating anyway in fear of the "employer versus contractor" issue.
That's so messed up. And for that reason I don't see myself doing this for much longer. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but when I know that I'm doing a really good job and on top of that in a luxury vehicle-and someone can give me 1 star just because they're an idiot doesn't sit well with me.

Dillanwasx

W
That's so messed up. And for heat reason I don't see myself doing this for much longer. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but when I know that I'm doing a really good job and on top of that in a luxury vehicle-and someone can give me 1 star just because they're an idiot doesn't sit well with me.
welcome to humanity my friend.

Another Uber Driver

That's so messed up. someone can give me 1 star just because they're an idiot doesn't sit well with me.
You would not be the first one to voice this complaint about Uber's Star System and I doubt that you will be the last. There is a category about the ratings on this forum. Have a look at it. Meanwhile, take the advice of another poster whom I have quoted in this post: get back out there, run your trips, it will get better. Do not let a few bad ratings discourage you. All of us have had our share of baseless poor ratings. Further, Uber does understand that it might take you more than a trip or two to get the idea.

I carry a perfect 5.0 partner rating.
Do be so kind as to explain the apparent contradiction to the post of yours that I have quoted below.

maybe 3 were tipsy or drunk.
Those are the people who gave you the crummy ratings. Despite Uber's propaganda to the contrary, it is the drunks who tend to rate poorly. Also, people who must pay surge tend to rate drivers poorly.

I have never seen a 5.0.
Please be so good as to explain the apparent contradiction between your two posts that I have quoted in this post of mine.

Dillanwasx

You would not be the first one to voice this complaint about Uber's Star System and I doubt that you will be the last. There is a category about the ratings on this forum. Have a look at it. Meanwhile, take the advice of another poster whom I have quoted in this post: get back out there, run your trips, it will get better. Do not let a few bad ratings discourage you. All of us have had our share of baseless poor ratings. Further, Uber does understand that it might take you more than a trip or two to get the idea.

Do be so kind as to explain the apparent contradiction to the post of yours that I have quoted below.

Those are the people who gave you the crummy ratings. Despite Uber's propaganda to the contrary, it is the drunks who tend to rate poorly. Also, people who must pay surge tend to rate drivers poorly.

Please be so good as to explain the apparent contradiction between your two posts that I have quoted in this post of mine.

I didn't want to to seem like I am full of myself. I have not seen a driver with a 5 star rating other than mine (since you made me say it lol)

Another Uber Driver

64 trips in 3 weeks.

You might convince me of the truth of that. It would be along the lines of "every once in a while, the poker dealer does deal a straight flush"; "every once in a while, someone does beat the house" or "someone does hit Powerball from time to time".

Enjoy the ride while it goes..................

thehappytypist

Author
If you don't accept or if you cancel a request, that won't be reflected in your total trips. That's completed trips only. Just keep in mind that if you cancel or not accept enough trips, you'll get a little note from Uber. You have time to get your rating up, don't obsess over it until you've done more trips, it'll stabilize. As for the 10 trips thing, do you happen to have a rider account? Sometimes when you have both, that number will reflect the number of trips taken as a rider AND as a driver. It's a strange little glitch.

Peacefulme83

If you don't accept or if you cancel a request, that won't be reflected in your total trips. That's completed trips only. Just keep in mind that if you cancel or not accept enough trips, you'll get a little note from Uber. You have time to get your rating up, don't obsess over it until you've done more trips, it'll stabilize. As for the 10 trips thing, do you happen to have a rider account? Sometimes when you have both, that number will reflect the number of trips taken as a rider AND as a driver. It's a strange little glitch.
Thanks for the response. I really gets to me because I feel like I'm not going to be able to get as many riders now because of this rating. I had one a few mins ago who cancelled before I even got out of my garage. It's really frustrating.

thehappytypist

Author
Thanks for the response. I really gets to me because I feel like I'm not going to be able to get as many riders now because of this rating. I had one a few mins ago who cancelled before I even got out of my garage. It's really frustrating.
You'll get there!