New deactivation policy, ACRO now very bad.....

LevelX

Well I'm sure everyone got Ubers email on the new deactivation policy tonight. I just got it, its here if you want to read and didn't get the email.

https://www.uber.com/legal/deactivation-policy/anz-en/

There is a few interesting bits in it.... ACRO is now very bad, if you cross a limit, you can be deactivated... So don't ACRO guys!

This bit stood out.

On Acceptance Rates: High acceptance rates are a critical part of reliable, high-quality service, but not accepting trip requests does not lead to deactivation.

So no ACRO, just let the job time out.... Also 3 timed out jobs in a row, will kick you out of Ubers servers for 2 mins, no jobs in this mini ban window.

Enjoy guys!

LevelX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, but you been ACRO'ing the job or letting it time out?

Up until a few days ago, ACRO never kicked you out, but now it does.

Reading between the lines, Uber is getting lots of crap over drivers not accepting jobs.... GASP pay them peanuts and wonder why they won't drive 22 mins for FREE to pickup someone.

I myself now feel a LOT better about letting jobs timeout.....

Tom2828

Yes, but you been ACRO'ing the job or letting it time out?

Up until a few days ago, ACRO never kicked you out, but now it does.

Reading between the lines, Uber is getting lots of crap over drivers not accepting jobs.... GASP pay them peanuts and wonder why they won't drive 22 mins for FREE to pickup someone.

I myself now feel a LOT better about letting jobs timeout.....
Both -:smiles:

Try and succeeded to keep my acceptance rate over 80% and ACRO all other.

A year ago there were days I would ACRO 50-70% of the requests (accepted only surge )

joffie

I have never been timed out. I have ignored lots of requests. I have a 30% acceptance rate for last week. It makes me happy :biggrin::biggrin:
F U BER:p

LevelX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have never been timed out.
You most likely have.... it happens silently in the background. So very easy to miss!

If you are on a mini ban, you'll get a message only when trying to go online, if online, you just won't get jobs offered.

So next time you let 3 in a row go, go offline and then online again and see what happens :smiles:

Llib

If they start deactivating drivers how long will the ping times stretch. Do Uber actually think when they do brainstorming sessions or are they just yes men and think of the dumbest ideas with no sense of reality.

Bob28

They telling u are partner then contractor and uber treats drivers like their employes Forcing u to except every job just to make pax happy regardless u waisted 15- 30 min drive to pick up Pax just for min fare $6
Pay rate is so low u can't afford drive empty to pick up pax just for min fare
If uber wants me to pick up some one more then 10 min ping create job to take me there and let uber absorb the cost for good service
Will not accept ping which is more then 10 min for base fare if it is surge job multiplay surge by u bottom surge
For dabole surge I will drive max 20 min

Bob28

This will be my standards I don't @@@@en care if they deactivate me not driving for peanuts
http://www.rsdaa.com/driver-tips.html
10 Tips for Drivers to Maximise Earnings
Firstly, and most importantly, it is essential to remember that you are running your own small business. You are not working for Uber - your interests and their interests are not necessarily aligned. There are systemic failures within the Uber model that can significantly affect your ability to earn; it is not your responsibility to accept these failures and service Uber's customers at a loss.

1. Set your limit for pick-up distanceand don't go beyond it. If it's surging, multiply your maximum by the surge factor.
  2. Set your own price. If you don't feel it is worth doing jobs for the base rate, then don't take them. If everyone does this, the surge will come in and set the market rate.
  3. Don't rely on the heat map for surge information, 3rd party surge apps are great, but also check on the ping screen and the rider info screen once you've accepted the job.
  4. Don't worry about acceptance rates. Contractually you are free to take jobs as you see fit.
  5. "Confirm You've Arrived" 30-60 seconds before you actually do, this way the rider will be alerted and will often be waiting for you outside.
  6. Note your time of arrival and wait only the required 5 minutes before you cancel and go - your time is valuable.
  7. At busy times when there is sustained surge in particular areas, once you have dropped a rider off, go offline and head back to the busy spot, don't reduce your income by getting stuck doing local trips at base rate.
  8. If when you return to a busy spot that's been surging consistently all night, the surge drops off, park up and go offline for a few minutes until it comes back on - Don't drive people around at 3am for base rates.
  9. When you get a ping in a difficult area to pick up in, call the customer and tell them where to meet you. If they don't answer after 2 calls, cancel the job. Don't waste your time trying to find riders who don't know where they are.
  10. If it's not worth your while going through a drive through (eg. McDonalds), don't do it. Tell the rider you are happy to drop them there, but not prepared to sit for 10 minutes in the queue - this particularly applies for short trips near the city, or late night 'maccas runs'.

daredevil

Time out is good.
Lot of drivers log out.. natural surge.
It's ubers way to get those jobs that no one wants to pick up in the surge zone. Not a bad thing.

Llib

This is probably the first time in history that a contractor is forcing its subcontractors to make a loss for their own benefit.
Despite the subcontractors lack of collective action this will not work in the long run.
Just waiting for the mass exodus, good luck Uber, well I have a great idea for Uber management, maybe threaten drivers more.

Bob28

Agreed.... its one of the joys of 'bidding' on work. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't and have to do it at a loss.
If uber wants to make loss and provide good service let system create job which will take clousest driver to pax and uber will take the loss not the driver
On end of day u have choice to accept or pass on this right of being contractor if not u become employ who can't refuse job if paid by hour

laureb

Had to laugh. That's why I do not drive morning, midday or arvo for less that 1.5 surge. Some people see it worth it but we are in 2016 who works for $10 an hour, if that's what drivers want well better work cash In hand :wink:

Last week
I noticed that I was kicked out for 2-3 mis because I have cancelled 2 trips due to pax no show . That's funny now , so if you work only week ends and you have a fex pax who don't even know where they are and you been waiting 5 mins then cancel trip, so you have a high chance to be deactivated due to having issues finding a pax or pax cannot be reached at all .

People cancel for reasons . Whichever they are, am sure the reason/s are base on the motivational factors of the driver - can be money wise , reluctance to have drunk people in your car / pax vomitting / driver not feeling safe to drive in certain areas and the list keeps going on .

So now the last resource we have Is not to accept any trips which are more than 7mins away, trips with no surge close to a surge zone .

Happy the days when the price was 15% higher .

I will give it another 2 months go, starting to think that Uber is trying to put. Pax first rather than partners . And soon I have been reading Pandora music will be integrated on the app , and now get ready to pay extra for data on top of freee mints and water lol ..for $1 per km .