Inshur

New DBS check required

CH_Saab

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4848046/Uber-drivers-apply-new-criminal-record-checks.html

Do you think its fair that existing drivers whose DBS check was valid in TFL eyes at the time now need to apply for a new DBS with TFL own provider? Surely if the check was good enough with any provider why have retrospective checks now?

The issue of sexual assault seems to stem from a minority of deviants who give Uber drivers a bad name and a new DBS check will do little to remove that threat.

I do agree that there needs to be a more robust screening method but just dont think a new DBS check will serve any real purpose ?

Any thoughts?

CH_Saab

If you read my post you would see that i do agree in more robust screening.

Do you honestly believe that a new DBS check using TFL own provider will highlight rapists and terrorists??????

wow i didnt realise that the new check was that good

Jack Barclay

Uber and onfi have a conflicted of interest - it has been alleged that corners were cut and the data can't be relied upon.

Can only assume some of the high profile uber driver incidents of late were processed through this channel

The fella caught at Buckingham palace with the sword was previously on prison and was onboarded with a conviction not spent - wonder who did his ?

TfL have known about the 13,000 without appropriate DBS since January - their hand was forced when it came out via FOI

Make of that what you will!!

UberLuxbod

As the exact same DBS policy was in place for the KoL how many KoL students and potentially Taxi Drivers will have to redo their DBS?

Uber and onfi have a conflicted of interest - it has been alleged that corners were cut and the data can't be relied upon.

Can only assume some of the high profile uber driver incidents of late were processed through this channel

The fella caught at Buckingham palace with the sword was previously on prison and was onboarded with a conviction not spent - wonder who did his ?

TfL have known about the 13,000 without appropriate DBS since January - their hand was forced when it came out via FOI

Make of that what you will!!

What do you think about KoL applicants being allowed to use a non GB Group DBS aswell?

Since at least April 2015 as that was when the form I have read was printed.

At the end of the day the only person to blame for this is Uber.

TfL said use these people, and they decided to use their own provider instead.

There is no apparent legitimate reason for this, unless Uber was getting a cut of the fee, as I had to get my DBS re-done and the TfL supplier was actually cheaper than Uber's if I recall correctly.

soTuga

There is no apparent legitimate reason for this, unless Uber was getting a cut of the fee, as I had to get my DBS re-done and the TfL supplier was actually cheaper than Uber's if I recall correctly.
How is Uber to blame? - Uber wants to cut corners yes and they do, BUT TFL are the ones that issue PH licenses, if they wanted drivers to use only their DBS company, TFL should've said it and fail any DBS not done by their chosen company, TFL is a good money collector, but as a regulator it's rubbish.
I'm not one of the recalled ones.

UberLuxbod

On the KOL you would only apply via TFL directly, so don't see how this would be possible

However if anyone taxi KOL or ph hasn't passed appropriate DBS the. They should stop working until they have

This is a KoL Application from April 2015.

Section C3

Worded the same as on a PH Lic Form.

Same Medical

Same DBS

I suspect they have to keep everything the same or it could be considered Discriminatory.

Regardless of who does a DBS the search is the same.

And it needs to be an Enhanced DBS in both cases, so anybody saying these DBS checks being repeated is due to Standard DBS being done is talking out their Harris.

Unless they have seen the actual DBS Cert how can they know what kind of Check has been done.

Lol

TFL make the rules

Uber follow them, using legal loopholes aswell no doubt.

The difference between Uber and Taxify is that Uber exploit poor Regulation (which is Legal)

Taxify just ignored it, which isn't Legal.

No one has addressed the elephant in the room!

An Enhanced DBS is the same regardless of who processes it.

Anybody saying that Company A doing an Enhanced DBS will get a different result to Company B is deluded and needs to have a look at themselves.

Takes five minutes to do some research on DBS checks.

I do them all the time for staff.

Attachments

• IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 37

monksuk01

As the exact same DBS policy was in place for the KoL how many KoL students and potentially Taxi Drivers will have to redo their DBS?

What do you think about KoL applicants being allowed to use a non GB Group DBS aswell?

Since at least April 2015 as that was when the form I have read was printed.
All knowledge students and Londons taxi drivers can only use GB GROUP to get on the knowledge and renew license!! UBER with the help of TFL were allowed to us this shoddy company as a way of speeding up the process to obtain a PCO badge.. At one point TFL were issuing 600 licenses a week and UBER were unhappy that the DBS checks were taking too long so as said before bypassed more thorough enhanced checks, thus allowing TFL to issue 600 licenses a week ... obviously putting the public at a potential risk from less than savoury characters!!!

Momo11

All knowledge students and Londons taxi drivers can only use GB GROUP to get on the knowledge and renew license!! UBER with the help of TFL were allowed to us this shoddy company as a way of speeding up the process to obtain a PCO badge.. At one point TFL were issuing 600 licenses a week and UBER were unhappy that the DBS checks were taking too long so as said before bypassed more thorough enhanced checks, thus allowing TFL to issue 600 licenses a week ... obviously putting the public at a potential risk from less than savoury characters!!!
I remember seen email from jo betram to Leon to look how to speed ph application was taking to long :eek::eek:
When I applied for Knowldge and ph license back in 2010 took 5 months to get it
2015 My neighbour took him only 10 days to get license :eek:
600 license a week = 15 license hour = 120 a day =600

UberLuxbod

Lol

Hilarious

Why not read the KoL Application form from April 2015 that I have posted above.

Just because you say it more than once doesn't make it a fact.

The actual Application Form for the KoL however.....

Loving your knowledge of Enhanced DBS checks aswell.

It has nothing to do with speed, it is all to do with money!

Follow the money and you will have your answers.

Doesn't matter who does your Enhanced DBS they take the same amount of time.

I remember seen email from jo betram to Leon to look how to speed ph application was taking to long :eek::eek:
When I applied for Knowldge and ph license back in 2010 took 5 months to get it
2015 My neighbour took him only 10 days to get license :eek:
600 license a week = 15 license hour = 120 a day =600

5 months to get a PH Lic in London?

Don't believe that for one second.

The only reason it takes that long is if there is something on your DBS or you have a Medical Condition and your application gets referred to TFL Occy Health Department in Victoria.

If you actually look at the average number of annual PH Lic Applications they haven't actually increase hugely.

In 2005 PH Lic numbers were in the 20k range.

In 2012 they had gone up to 140k

In 2017 they are in the 250k range.

So in the first period (7 years) 120k Applications. Or average per year of 17k

In second period (5 years) 110k Applications. Or an average of 22k.

There has certainly been an increase but the numbers are not as huge as some scaremongerers are making out.

The biggest change are the numbers of PH in Central London and by London Airports.

And the number of inexperienced SatNav jockeys in Central London who would previously have worked at a local office near where they live and would therefore not be the safety hazard that they are in Town.

Also the flexibility that Uber has given PH drivers has allowed wrong uns to become more brazen imho. They hang around when the Uber App on waiting for work, if they have a chance to tout a fare then they do so.

You can put the blame squarely at the feet of TFL.

If they have allowed themselves to be sweet talked by Uber then more fool them.

They probably also believe things like "the cheques in the post" and "sorry is it in the wrong hole" aswell.

Just to add, since June only 2800 or so PH Lic have been issued.

Seems the Topo Test has had an impact.

Maybe it should be done by all PH on renewal?

Last edited:

Durranee

Rapists or potential rapists?
The fact is, I don't know of anyone who went through the DBS were convicted rapists. They just raped someone there and then and there's no way any amount of enhanced DBS can clock that.

See the issue is, all these DBS just look at your past not the future.

Momo11

Lol

Hilarious

The only reason it takes that long is if there is something on your DBS or you have a Medical Condition and your application gets referred to TFL Occy Health Department in Victoria.

If you actually look at the average number of annual PH Lic Applications they haven't actually increase hugely.

There has certainly been an increase but the numbers are not as huge as some scaremongerers are making out.

The biggest change are the numbers of PH in Central London and by London Airports.

And the number of inexperienced SatNav jockeys in Central London who would previously have worked at a local office near where they live and would therefore not be the safety hazard that they are in Town.

Also the flexibility that Uber has given PH drivers has allowed wrong uns to become more brazen imho. They hang around when the Uber App on waiting for work, if they have a chance to tout a fare then they do so.

They probably also believe things like "the cheques in the post" and "sorry is it in the wrong hole" aswell.

????
What ????do you think am lying???
Never been in police station in my life or any medical condition
I don't really care if believe or not ???
You always know everything
I know you always right
Sorry I forgot

Lol

Hilarious

Just to let you know before 2014 all applications where process in TFL palaestra building but after 2014 private contractor in Sheffield

UberLuxbod

????
What ????do you think am lying???
Never been in police station in my life or any medical condition
I don't really care if believe or not ???
You always know everything
I know you always right
Sorry I forgot

Just to let you know before 2014 all applications where process in TFL palaestra building but after 2014 private contractor in Sheffield

Ok.....what does that have to do with anything?

Before that you went to the counter in Penton Street, what's your point?

Well said Momo.

Have you read the KoL form yet?

The one above that clearly states KoL applicants can have a non GB group DBS?

Or are you ignoring the actual facts because they don't match what you think to be facts?

Momo11

Ok.....what does that have to do with anything?

Before that you went to the counter in Penton Street, what's your point?

Have you read the KoL form yet?

The one above that clearly states KoL applicants can have a non GB group DBS?

Or are you ignoring the actual facts because they don't match what you think to be facts?
My point I don't lie
When I said took me 5 months to process my application i was honest
Everyone I know took them between 3 to 5 months
Coz in TfL staff where very lazy

madhatter

I applied for a DBS through TFL and it came through within 14 days, this was back in August 2015.

A DBS is A DBS I don't understand how you can have different information provided depending on who requested the DBS check?

Any pertinent information would be on the DBS, the provider cannot delete it or am I missing something?