1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

New Car Advice

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Alexander, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Alexander

Alexander Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My old Prius was totaled (not-at-fault) and I can't get financing for a new one at the moment. I've got about $12k I can put towards a new car to use for Uber/Lyft, and am leaning towards a new Kia Soul, on account of decent mileage, great warranty, roomy, and low price (the price is probably the main reason I would pick the Soul over the Scion xB). Anyone have any other suggestions (e.g., used Camry or something like that, or other new cars? Or maybe it is better to put the $12k towards a used Prius?). Thanks.

P.S. Also, as far as I know, the Kia Soul doesn't have a bad rep amongst passengers/drivers, but if anyone would beg to differ, please let me know.

P.P.S. The other one I'm considering is the Hyundai Accent, which looks amazing.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  2. Alexander

Alexander Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Anybody? How about the Corolla?

3. mystysue

mystysue Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Before I bought my latest car (a 2013 hyundai sonata), I rented quite a few different cars for weekends to see what I liked and did not like about them.
    I was way less impressed with the accent than the sonata .. both in size and power on the road.
    I did not get brand new my personal opinion is that it is better to get one a couple years old .

4. Alexander

Alexander Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I was thinking about the Sonata too- thanks man!

5. ATX 22

ATX 22 Well-Known Member

I drive a Honda Accord.
    Roomy enough, (I'm 6'-3" and over 250lbs), and Hondas are super reliable.

6. Luberon

Luberon Well-Known Member

Used Prius is the absolute best car for Uber X. Interior legroom is no different from Camry too.
    Search Prius threads on this forum and read a few opinions.

7. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nissan Versa hatchback.

Luberon likes this.