New at LAX

mandreyka

So what happened to him? No way they didn't see that.

Side note, it seems to calmed down a bit there, the upper level yesterday wasn't too bad.

I think the door # pick ups are helping , the rideshare signs were a bad experiment IMO, great theory but it just doesn't work.

Been very lucky the last 2 days, after my drops I got rides all the way back to OC.

Uber helping OC drivers out? Or maybe they don't want us up there ?

Fine by me

arto71

So this happened yesterday at LAX, yes, supposedly, he is an Uber driver. He literally drove in the opposite direction making a right off the ramp that goes directly to Terminal 7, United, to get to someone who was at Terminal 6.
Was he involved in any traffic accident ?
Looks like lower end of bumper cover is gone or something .

tohunt4me

Erratic driving like that at a major airport can get you SHOT.

Must have been a low MARSEC level yesterday.

All these candidates flying around all over,best to be real polite at airports.

hy1368

So this happened yesterday at LAX, yes, supposedly, he is an Uber driver. He literally drove in the opposite direction making a right off the ramp that goes directly to Terminal 7, United, to get to someone who was at Terminal 6.
How the hell does it make it Uber driver automatically?I see no trade dress.

Queenofthepak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How the hell does it make it Uber driver automatically?I see no trade dress.
It makes it an Uber driver because he said he was an Uber driver! And thats part of the point, he didn't have a rear trade dress, but he had a front trade dress.

UberIsAllFubared

So what happened to him? No way they didn't see that.

Side note, it seems to calmed down a bit there, the upper level yesterday wasn't too bad.

I think the door # pick ups are helping , the rideshare signs were a bad experiment IMO, great theory but it just doesn't work.

Been very lucky the last 2 days, after my drops I got rides all the way back to OC.

Uber helping OC drivers out? Or maybe they don't want us up there ?

Fine by me
Ride Share Signs. I couldn't disagree more with your statement. I have probably done over 350 LAX pickups in 4 months. Yesterday I did 9 alone. The ride share signs are the best place to pick people up. First, they are slightly away from the congestion in front of the terminals, which makes it easier to pickup the passenger (use the buses right in front of the terminals as screens to get to the ride share signs). And the traffic cops in front of Southwest terminal 1 will chew your ass out and send you to the Letter A ride share too. If its 1am, I may pickup right in front of the door as there are no cops around, and its almost empty.

Sunday Nights between 8pm and 11pm are nuts at the airport. Takes forever to get over to the terminals. The plus, low wait time for ride requests, and nice surge. :biggrin:

edit... Now ride share C is a pain in the ass, and maybe the one exception to the rule. It maybe easier to pickup at the door. I just don't trust the cops at lax to NOT give me a ticket, so I just pickup at the ride share signs.

Last edited:

Taipan

Four consecutive trips (1.9X surge) from LAX yesterday:

Destination:
Playa del Rey
LMU
Grand Ave in El Segundo
AT&T Building on Sepulveda
Somebody from Uber does not like me! It ended after picking up a PAX near In&Out to Beverly Hills.

UberIsAllFubared

Destination:
Playa del Rey
LMU
Grand Ave in El Segundo
Somebody from Uber does not like me! It ended after picking up a PAX near In&Out to Beverly Hills.
I hear you man. I had a unicorn LAX to Irvine at 1.9 surge which NETTED me slightly over $81 around 2pm, then from 8pm until midnight when it was 1.9x surge, I had a bunch of runs to Culver City, and SM... they were not bad, but I was chasing the dragon of the unicorn. LOL

mandreyka

Ride Share Signs. I couldn't disagree more with your statement. I have probably done over 350 LAX pickups in 4 months. Yesterday I did 9 alone. The ride share signs are the best place to pick people up. First, they are slightly away from the congestion in front of the terminals, which makes it easier to pickup the passenger (use the buses right in front of the terminals as screens to get to the ride share signs). And the traffic cops in front of Southwest terminal 1 will chew your ass out and send you to the Letter A ride share too. If its 1am, I may pickup right in front of the door as there are no cops around, and its almost empty.

Sunday Nights between 8pm and 11pm are nuts at the airport. Takes forever to get over to the terminals. The plus, low wait time for ride requests, and nice surge. :biggrin:
Good info, I only do pickups if I have a drop from OC. Ya the cops at 1 were getting pissed at people stopping right past the construction and jamming it up.

jaywaynedubya

Destination:
Playa del Rey
LMU
Grand Ave in El Segundo
exactly why i havent done a lax pickup in months. And its funny, how Uber bombards you with texts when your close to the airport about the lax waiting lot being empty.

UberIsAllFubared

Sooner or later those cops are gonna get pissed enough and start writing tickets, just like the motorcycle cops do in the pig pen, and they are not gonna care what uber says about picking up in the white, they will just write the ticket. They made those ride share areas for a reason. Do you really think uber is gonna have your back when they issue you a ticket? LMAO