New areas for Riverside

Movaldriver

Everything has been rezoned. Probably because of the Chino warehouse. They have added Hemet, San Jacinto and Temecula. Can't remember the others. They also switched flex and courier areas. We are now getting Riverside and Moreno Valley day routes, and the couriers got Beaumont. Not sure what other cities they switched but there are several. Pissed about losing Beaumont. I don't understand why they switched the routes around. More cities means more routes but I'll be damned if I'm driving to Temecula. Hemet San Jacinto will be full of DNR because it's awful. It's also too far. They need to up the pay on those routes. Driving time alone will take up half your block time. They also changed a bunch of codes. RI numbers no longer work for sorting they have stickers with the route numbers. Most of them covered the bar code today.

nighthawk398

Everything has been rezoned. Probably because of the Chino warehouse. They have added Hemet, San Jacinto and Temecula. Can't remember the others. They also switched flex and courier areas. We are now getting Riverside and Moreno Valley day routes, and the couriers got Beaumont. Not sure what other cities they switched but there are several. Pissed about losing Beaumont. I don't understand why they switched the routes around. More cities means more routes but I'll be damned if I'm driving to Temecula. Hemet San Jacinto will be full of DNR because it's awful. It's also too far. They need to up the pay on those routes. Driving time alone will take up half your block time. They also changed a bunch of codes. RI numbers no longer work for sorting they have stickers with the route numbers. Most of them covered the bar code today.

You're not talking about the stickers for the same-day deliveries are you?

ZoomZoomFlex

Heard this afternoon from one of the warehouse guys, that this whole week is going be screwed up a DLA5 given the changes.

I just had a 130-530 that was Riverside and Corona (east of 15/91 interchange) and if I followed the app, it would have taken me over 4 hours. Completed in 2hrs in 15min by looking at the map and routing myself. So, definitely look at at the map if flexing out of DLA5.

Last week I was told route changes were coming. Was told Riverside is losing Corona and Rancho Cucamonga to Chino. I did deliver to Corona today, but again it was East of the 15/91 off McKinley. So, I'm thinking the cut off might be the freeway interchange where Chino is doing everything up to the 15 freeway.

My last two 4pm routes were both in Moreno Valley. Rarely ever got a MoVal night route before this week, but there were lots of MoVal racks for the night routes the past few days. Yesterday, my MoVal route went right up to the Perris border.

With the changes, I was told by one the managers that Flex drivers will be doing mostly Riverside and Moreno Valley (I'd include Perris and Hemet with MoVal). The contractors are to be doing those far drive routes to Temecula and San Jancinto.

Going to see how this goes, but the second they try to give me something that is far out to Temecula, that's the day I request a change to Chino.

For those doing night blocks, can you post where you are going? Was told same days may still be all Riverside for night, but I have not seen the typical Chino, Chino Hills, Eastvale, Jurupa, etc racks during my past few night blocks. The whole line had Riverside/Moval. Just wondering if anyone out of DLA5 is went to the Chino area (especially at night) this week.

oicu812

DLA7 has been delivering to Chino and Chino Hills for a while and Rancho Cucamonga in the past couple of weeks. Today I saw some DLA5 packages at DLA7 that were for Jurupa Valley, Mira Loma and San Bernardino and was told it's part of DLA7 coverage area now.

ZoomZoomFlex

DLA7 has been delivering to Chino and Chino Hills for a while and Rancho Cucamonga in the past couple of weeks. Today I saw some DLA5 packages at DLA7 that were for Jurupa Valley, Mira Loma and San Bernardino and was told it's part of DLA7 coverage area now.

Are those cities on night blocks (4pm+)?

oicu812

Chino doesn't really have night blocks. But they were on the 4pm+ racks. Probably less than 10 racks. Didn't see all the racks, but a few sampling contained those cities mentioned.

DLA7 has been delivering to parts of Corona when it first opened. West of the 15 and north and south of the 91.

DLA7 also delivered to Whittier and La Mirada whereas DLA2 & DLA3 also covered those areas. There's quite a bit of overlap. I think Whittier and La Mirada should be shifted to DPS1 and DLA3. Each of those 2 cities are 30+ miles from DLA7 and in traffic, it'll take about an hour to get to the first stop.

Last edited:

ZoomZoomFlex

Chino doesn't really have night blocks. But they were on the 4pm+ racks. Probably less than 10 racks. Didn't see all the racks, but a few sampling contained those cities mentioned.

DLA7 has been delivering to parts of Corona when it first opened. West of the 15 and north and south of the 91.

DLA7 also delivered to Whittier and La Mirada whereas DLA2 & DLA3 also covered those areas. There's quite a bit of overlap. I think Whittier and La Mirada should be shifted to DPS1 and DLA3. Each of those 2 cities are 30+ miles from DLA7 and in traffic, it'll take about an hour to get to the first stop.

When I say "night" routes, I really mean 4 or 4:30 blocks. I don't do anything past that at Riverside. Is Chino consistently dropping 4pm blocks? 10 racks for a 4pm sounds about right for the Chino area. That's about how many were coming out of Riverside maximum.

The Whittier/La Mirada coverage is currently stopping me from moving. I rather driver to Riverside and deliver MoVal than drive down the street to Chino and get hit with a Whittier/La Mirada rack. I work in Whitter once in a while for my "real" job and yeah, you need a 45 min to a hour or so just to get there from Chino with typical traffic.

oicu812

When I say "night" routes, I really mean 4 or 4:30 blocks. I don't do anything past that at Riverside. Is Chino consistently dropping 4pm blocks? 10 racks for a 4pm sounds about right for the Chino area. That's about how many were coming out of Riverside maximum.

It was probably 8 racks @ 4:30. This is my first time seeing something that late. Usually it's 2-3:30. But those were retries.

Movaldriver

I actually just got a 4 hour block for tomorrow morning. Start time 915. Haven't gotten anything before 10 am in a couple of weeks. And a 4 hour is great!

Shelton

Just moved and transferred from Phoenix. I have 100% availability but aren't seeing any blocks. Is this normal? Is there a Bot problem in this region?

Movaldriver

I wouldn't but that's just me. I have been hearing they will eventually put in a I am not a robot or verification code to.put a stop to it.