• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New App, New Drama & reinforced rider shenanigans

SoCalGabbieCash

Download and familiarize yourself with the new Uber app.
Gone: *ratings tracker
*Fare details
*Uber navigation

Uber doesn't do anything that doesn't benefit itself or the rider. Can't track how many trips were rated so we can't narrow down who rated us poorly. No more fare details so we don't know what percentage of the fare Uber is taking. Navigation; Uber doesn't want to be responsible for the route anymore. If uber doesn't want to take responsibility or be held accountable for anything, not even their app then maybe they should not exact more than half of our earnings or advocate rider discourtesy. The customer is not always right and the rating system is faulty and arbitrary.

Daniel Harbin

Yep the customer is always right and with the constant influx of drivers that will continue. I was accused by a pax of being inebriated. Uber believed them and kicked me off the platform. Better for me as I found something different without the hassles.

LVcool

Download and familiarize yourself with the new Uber app.
Gone: *ratings tracker
*Fare details
*Uber navigation

Uber doesn't do anything that doesn't benefit itself or the rider. Can't track how many trips were rated so we can't narrow down who rated us poorly. No more fare details so we don't know what percentage of the fare Uber is taking. Navigation; Uber doesn't want to be responsible for the route anymore. If uber doesn't want to take responsibility or be held accountable for anything, not even their app then maybe they should not exact more than half of our earnings or advocate rider discourtesy. The customer is not always right and the rating system is faulty and arbitrary.
I just checked mine. The Fare details are still there.

gerg

Yep the customer is always right and with the constant influx of drivers that will continue. I was accused by a pax of being inebriated. Uber believed them and kicked me off the platform. Better for me as I found something different without the hassles.
Congratulations. I feel sorry for the decent people that are trapped doing rudeshare.

Farman vegas

Congratulations. I feel sorry for the decent people that are trapped doing rudeshare.
How about the Uber "slave" drivers you write about all the time ?

"Travis's Law" was kicking it today all day long !

10 million less trips for the Las Vegas taxicab cartel is coming fast once the long hauling everywhere for everyone starts next week.

Uber on !

gerg

How about the Uber "slave" drivers you write about all the time ?

"Travis's Law" was kicking it today all day long !

10 million less trips for the Las Vegas taxicab cartel is coming fast once the long hauling everywhere for everyone starts next week.

Uber on !
That's it celebrate the loss of millions of decent jobs with millions of SHIT gigs. Rah Rah SATAN. You probably cheered the jobs created under obammie too. Well, 95% of the jobs created under his watch were PART TIME crap jobs. You must also pledge your soul to that SATAN as well.

Farman vegas

That's it celebrate the loss of millions of decent jobs with millions of SHIT gigs. Rah Rah SATAN. You probably cheered the jobs created under obammie too. Well, 95% of the jobs created under his watch were PART TIME crap jobs. You must also pledge your soul to that SATAN as well.
You own Amazon stock right ?

It made you a wealthy man. Is that not right ?

LasVegasMellowYellow

Last edited:

Taxi2Uber

So its OK if Uber charges for a longhauling everywhere for everyone, but not OK if a taxi does it?
(Yeah yeah, I know. Its all about knowing the price beforehand)
My cabbie buddy tells all his pax the price of his longhaul route before starting. So he's OK.

Had a pax today ask me if taxis lowered their rates to compete with Uber, because he said the fares were about the same.
I said, no. Uber raised it fare by charging you, the pax, for a longer route.
The look on his face was priceless. Like he lost a trusted old friend.

Had another pax going from Wynn south door to LV convention center. Uber fare was ~$12.
Uber never showed up, so he took a taxi. Taxi ride was ~$9.
Another lost Uber customer.

Spork24

So its OK if Uber charges for a longhauling everywhere for everyone, but not OK if a taxi does it?
My cabbie buddy tells all his pax the price of his longhaul route before starting. So he's OK.

Had a pax today ask me if taxis lowered their rates to compete with Uber, because he said the fares were about the same.

Had another pax going from Wynn south door to LV convention center. Uber fare was ~$12.
Ahh he got the one cabbie in Vegas that will take him down paradise instead of spring mountain/I-15. That cab driver driver probably waited over 30ms for that ride and he gets a whopping 40% of that $9 for close to an hour of work. Both jobs are low paying... one is not meant to be full time though.

JC17

How would you go spring mountain to I 15 to get to lv convention center there are two routes I would take lv Blvd to convention center rd or spring mountain to paradise depending on which door they were going to

Spork24

How would you go spring mountain to I 15 to get to lv convention center there are two routes I would take lv Blvd to convention center rd or spring mountain to paradise depending on which door they were going to
some reason I thought he wrote the airport. no clue how uber came up with that price for such a short trip.

OoberrVegas

A rider said I took a inefficient route and scruber took $3 off the fare. Do yourselves a favor and delete uber now.

gerg

A rider said I took a inefficient route and scruber took $3 off the fare. Do yourselves a favor and delete uber now.
Scummiest company in the world.

People will wise up to uber, and what scum they are.

Uber Steve LV

Look at the trip on rider app, compare that fare to what uber charged. If they charged the same, then not inefficient. By the same, if uber made more than you on the ride, then they should eat it as well.

TomH

What people will do to get credits for their ride does not surprise me. I would have emailed Uber back and said that was the recommended route by the nav system.