• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New App Needed: RidesharePro

Maven

We all know that the way to maximize earnings is to maximize pings (requests) per hour and avoid short trips. Uber cannot be relied upon for either. The obvious solution is technology. The first step is for Uber drivers also join Lyft, Grubhub, and any other active service in their region; having them all active simultaneously on the same device. Having a separate device (and phone plan) for each service would be too expensive and unwieldy.

A driver could decide to accept a ping from any of these services thus maximizing the pings per hour and be moving and earning a higher percentage of the time. Of course, once a requested is accepted, all other services would need to be put to sleep (offline) quickly until the current trip is completed. Once the trip is completed, all services previously put to sleep would need to be woken up. Repeat.

Enter RidesharePro (or pick your own App name) that with one tap on a floating icon you put all services without an active trip to sleep (offline). The icon's color changes to indicate activity. With another tap of the same icon, all services previously put to sleep would be woken up (online). A big bonus would be if the App would provide time/distance between pickup and destination, or at least reveal the hidden destination of an incoming request.

It's not a big stretch from what currently exists in the application "Driver Companion 4 Uber". Add the above functionality and I would happily pay real money for such a new App.

Please reply with any additional functionality that might increase driver earnings.

If you know of any hot-shot programmers then try to get them interested in starting a revolution!

Fubernuber

The app may prevent 3rd party software from taking control. The 3rd party software may only be able to kill the proccess not put it to sleep

steveK2016

The app may prevent 3rd party software from taking control. The 3rd party software may only be able to kill the proccess not put it to sleep
Software companies can and do provide APIs (Application program interface) so you can use your own programming to utilize the original app's database but they limit you to only what they want to give you.

I doubt Uber, Lyft or anyone else has provided an API that can do the things you want this new app to do...

Fubernuber

Generally the api prevents any controll, rather it allows an extrnal application to have a symbiotic relationship. As far as i know the off button is a no go. The on button is probably fine

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Generally the api prevents any controll, rather it allows an extrnal application to have a symbiotic relationship. As far as i know the off button is a no go. The on button is probably fine
There may be a way for an external application, given proper permissions, to simulate a person tapping on the screen. If this alarms you then carefully review the permissions granted before installing new applications.

Grahamcracker

We all know that the way to maximize earnings is to maximize pings (requests) per hour and avoid short trips. Uber cannot be relied upon for either. The obvious solution is technology. The first step is for Uber drivers also join Lyft, Grubhub, and any other active service in their region; having them all active simultaneously on the same device. Having a separate device (and phone plan) for each service would be too expensive and unwieldy.

A driver could decide to accept a ping from any of these services thus maximizing the pings per hour and be moving and earning a higher percentage of the time. Of course, once a requested is accepted, all other services would need to be put to sleep (offline) quickly until the current trip is completed. Once the trip is completed, all services previously put to sleep would need to be woken up. Repeat.

Enter RidesharePro (or pick your own App name) that with one tap on a floating icon you put all services without an active trip to sleep (offline). The icon's color changes to indicate activity. With another tap of the same icon, all services previously put to sleep would be woken up (online). A big bonus would be if the App would provide time/distance between pickup and destination, or at least reveal the hidden destination of an incoming request.

It's not a big stretch from what currently exists in the application "Driver Companion 4 Uber". Add the above functionality and I would happily pay real money for such a new App.

Please reply with any additional functionality that might increase driver earnings.

If you know of any hot-shot programmers then try to get them interested in starting a revolution!
I could see this being great in the beginning until Uber or other competitors catch on to what's happening and change the way the app accepts trip or the off/on the function. For instance, trying to make it unpleasant to turn off and on. I know Uber likes to throw a stick in my spokes with the verification picture when I try to turn on the app after a Lyft ride. I do like the idea though, would be very convenient.

circle1

Stumbled upon this . . . don't have time to drill down, but it looks like those of you contemplating doing TNC work as a career, can design your own app. Not sure if this company can help in this regard, but here it is if anyone cares to look into it . . .

https://mobileroadie.com/