Uber Drivers Forum banner

New anti Bonus trend possible

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Fuzzyelvis 
#1 ·
I'm not doing the bonus thing, but I have 3 friends who have been doing it successfully since it started. They say all was going well and working fine for them until this week. All 3 of them started getting really long rides out of the core area every day - such as to Camarillo, Lancaster, Covina, Irvine, Pomona, etc. They say it is really messing them up and they will probably not make any of the bonuses this week. They feel somehow uber has figured out the guys who are making the bonus consistently and throwing them this curve. While they know this could happen to them at any time, they said getting these every day seems very suspicious, and if it happens again tomorrow they are dropping trying to get the bonus this week. Anyone else experiencing this?

#8 ·
It might just be "Lyft = higher price / Uber = more bogus fees and wait time...." Short hauls, Uber blows, long haul why pay more? Also more willing to sit out surges, cherry pick nice cars etc when going on a long trip, not just wait for longer pickups...

#11 ·
It really wouldn't be that hard to program, a professional could do it in a few hours. I don't believe that's happening but if anyone was going to go that low it would be Uber.

If (made the bonus last week)
(**** with the pissants program)
Else (let the little guy make some money this week)

If (destination far as ****)
(give it to pissant)
Else (Give it to other guy)

One thing Uber has going for them is great programmers, I couldn't do it but they could, easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.