Uber Drivers Forum banner

Never safe to get out of car on freeway

795 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cheech 
#1 ·
The driver - perp of Kia that killed one KY man and injured 4 paxes off the Ike now in custody. Cab paxes apparently decided to walk after Prius v cab had broken down on Ike.

I think it's really safer to stay in car till towed to a safe spot.

http://abc7chicago.com/driver-in-cu...injured-in-hit-and-run-on-i-290-ramp/3435136/

Sad for all parties. Uber on and stay in stalled car till towed, I think is the lesson here.

Thoughts?

#2 ·
(Partial OT)

Sad, but something I always wonder is why when someone does something that breaks the law, they try to evade it. You're going to face the music anyway. Then if you leave the scene and get caught later, you'll get in ever more trouble.

Personal responsibility. Gotta man up and face the facts sometimes than run from it. You'll get caught.

#4 ·
(...)why when someone does something that breaks the law, they try to evade it. You're going to face the music anyway. Then if you leave the scene and get caught later, you'll get in ever more trouble.

Personal responsibility. Gotta man up and face the facts sometimes than run from it. You'll get caught.
In this type of scenario, 9 times out of 10 the driver was drunk AF and probably high on blow and four other things... seems always the first instinct is to run. From a practical standpoint, there might be some benefit to avoiding the authorities in the short term, even if you get slapped with additional charges, because they may not outweigh the homicide charge that becomes a lead-pipe lock if they get you before you're able to sober up... just saying, doubt this broad had any of that going through her mind though.

#5 ·
Sad for all parties. Uber on and stay in stalled car till towed, I think is the lesson here.

Thoughts?
Lost count of how many motorists I've seen that ignored or pushed that low fuel warning light beyond the limit carrying the gas can of shame along the highway that somehow managed to avoid getting run over.

The lesson here is that nobody is guaranteed tomorrow and your life can change forever or end in a fraction of a second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.