Never again

Uberingdude

We've all done things Ubering that we'll never do again.

Giving out free water, waiting 8 minutes, going to a drive thru, etc. What is something you used to do or at least tried once and never will do again?

Cynergie

Turn down cash rides unless they come with free, no 1 star morning after strings attached sexual propositions.

Yes. I'm officially in troll mode today.

Time to baptize my sins away at Sbux

Coachman

I do it all. I take minors. I take people with red plastic cups. I take that fifth rider. I take babies being held in their mother's lap. I go through drive thrus and I'll wait for you at Walmart while you roll out that cart full of groceries. I'll even hang out in the airport queue for an hour and a half for a five mile ride. I do it all.

goneubering

I do it all. I take minors. I take people with red plastic cups. I take that fifth rider. I take babies being held in their mother's lap. I go through drive thrus and I'll wait for you at Walmart while you roll out that cart full of groceries. I'll even hang out in the airport queue for an hour and a half for a five mile ride. I do it all.

Stop bragging!

Reactions: MHR

Hans GrUber

Haha! Me too! Recently I've just been doing airport trips cuz I've been hella depressed, but I let pretty much anything go if the people are nice about it. I do draw the line at cramming more than 4 in unless there's a cash tip offered, in which case it's usually alright.

And the minors thing? My favorite pax. Well behaved, low maintenance, and my most enjoyable conversations.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Let the passengers talk me into transporting "just one more person".

This! Unless it's a really short trip, there's minimal traffic and low speeds, and they offer a cash tip. It's a cost-benefit analysis, but in general I err on the side of the law to try and teach them they can't just push drivers around.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Here's one: letting pax get McDonalds and put it on the seat. That happened once and there was a grease spot. Fortunately I have Leatherette which cleans up nicely with soap and water.

The next time a pax asked to go thru a McDonalds drive thru I said "you have to put the bag on your lap or on the floor" (I have rubber WeatherTech mats). I explained why. They understood.

In general I don't mind drive thru's during non surge (which is normal) because it pays $9/hr for almost no wear and tear on the vehicle. Often more than I can make getting other rides.