Never again

Inshur

jga8029

my feet hurt after basically take this trip just stepping the break not the gas smh never again take anymore to EWR on Friday afternoon or on any rush hours

Attachments

• IMG_7650.PNG
    IMG_7650.PNG
    73.9 KB · Views: 189

Mr. Affinito

my feet hurt after basically take this trip just stepping the break not the gas smh never again take anymore to EWR on Friday afternoon or on any rush hours

$82.54 in 2 hours. That's $41 an hour. What's the problem? By the way, $41/hr is equivalent to over $83,000/year based on the avg number of hours Americans work annually.

goodfella718

Thats your fault!! You should have went through staten island, dont mind the "you have been flagged" for navigation through lyfts app. What do they know about rush hours and best timing.. its for your own good anyways. Sitting in traffic can mess you up emotionally. I would have went around through george washington bridge if it was double the miles and half hour less!!! I use the belt frequently to jfk or from jfk to jersey city. You just have to know when there is no traffic. A good tip is to save some locations by the belt like ua movie theater in sheapshedbay or canarsie pier on your favorites on the waze app and see how long it would take u to get there and determine traffic and time after a while. It works for me..

Nempire

Don't go through staten Island lol the Vera bridge traffic is even worse and at least yellow it would be a disaster

Jim1985

$82.54 in 2 hours. That's $41 an hour. What's the problem? By the way, $41/hr is equivalent to over $83,000/year based on the avg number of hours Americans work annually.
More like 70 since the toll, then its 2 hours there and you have to account for the time back i say 3 hours altogether, 23 an hour minus his mileage doesnt really seem good enough. And imagine if the guy didnt tip. Then it woulda been 20 per hour and a big headache. Sadly for us we cant refuse ewr airport rides.

bigdreamslittlemoney

should have taken midtown to lincoln you would have saved more time lol 1:14 mins and more money from 425 e 55 st to ewr add 20 minutes from brooklyn you would have been there in 1:34 min. The only way i have been able to avoid Holland traffic is doing a illegal merge from hudson st or taking thompson down from houston down to watts. but PM traffic is always crazy when school is on.

Last edited:

Mr. Affinito

Thats your fault!! You should have went through staten island, dont mind the "you have been flagged" for navigation through lyfts app. What do they know about rush hours and best timing.. its for your own good anyways. Sitting in traffic can mess you up emotionally. I would have went around through george washington bridge if it was double the miles and half hour less!!! I use the belt frequently to jfk or from jfk to jersey city. You just have to know when there is no traffic. A good tip is to save some locations by the belt like ua movie theater in sheapshedbay or canarsie pier on your favorites on the waze app and see how long it would take u to get there and determine traffic and time after a while. It works for me..
Sounds like you know your stuff.

More like 70 since the toll, then its 2 hours there and you have to account for the time back i say 3 hours altogether, 23 an hour minus his mileage doesnt really seem good enough. And imagine if the guy didnt tip. Then it woulda been 20 per hour and a big headache. Sadly for us we cant refuse ewr airport rides.
My understanding is that you can't refuse any trip once they have their buttz in our backseats!

Simpleton math. I guess the -10 in tolls count as income? So it really isn't 41. Likely riding empty back to city also.
Dude, stay in NJ and drive enough to make the trip there worth it, then DF it back to NYC. Easy enough!

Jim1985

Sounds like you know your stuff.

My understanding is that you can't refuse any trip once they have their buttz in our backseats!

Dude, stay in NJ and drive enough to make the trip there worth it, then DF it back to NYC. Easy enough!
Ewr n 5 boros cant refuse. Otherwise yes. There is a loophole for nassau and wc. And no amount of work in nj will justify staying. Only a df back to midtown can break you even but to stay n work in nj its a waste of time

Mr. Affinito

Ewr n 5 boros cant refuse. Otherwise yes. There is a loophole for nassau and wc. And no amount of work in nj will justify staying. Only a df back to midtown can break you even but to stay n work in nj its a waste of time
I dont know man. I've done well that way.... but it was only a couple of times that I was in Jersey.

Next time do this
This looks fantastic!

lucky it was lyft, on uber this pax would not tip you even
Uber: "When you reach your destination, just step out and enjoy your day. Tipping is not required or necessary."

Inshur New York