Nellis cab memo to drivers today

gsx328

"You're in danger of losing your Uber Super Pro Blue Steel status! If you do not complete 198 rides before March 31, your Uber perks will be gone. At Uber, the safety and well-being of our drivers are top priorities. We're still waiting on the hand sanitizer and lysol we promised you guys, but we'd hate to see you lose out on your free Subway cookie too! Because we care here at Uber, we are now offering a limited time 10% discount on Uber X rides for immediate family members to and from the funerals of our drivers who have recently passed due to covid-19 (terms apply). "

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well there should be alot of hospital rides now that cabbies get to stay home and throw their feet up.Hofally Uber will at least give there 5star drivers hand sanitizer or a mask or something so they dont get sick.At least rs drivers get all the cab rides to help them stay busy.

ValleyCockroach43892

The fact that they even used the word 6 months tells you they know 2020 is a lost cause. So whenever Vegas is back open for business it's going to be dead. Vegas will take a long time to recover from this.

Everyone should be looking to get out of the transportation business in Las Vegas. Don't waste your best years driving a cab.

Your 100% right my friend.I havent in about 2years now since Uber drivers destroyed the buisness.However it is nice to see that hardworking cabbies do get a check coming in for 6months before a possible extension and they can pay their bills.Its not much getting unemployment but they can at least buy food and maybe rent.All the rs drivers that talked smack about them look like idiots now:smiles:they get nothing.Not even sanitizer.

ValleyCockroach43892

Your 100% right my friend.I havent in about 2years now since Uber drivers destroyed the buisness.However it is nice to see that hardworking cabbies do get a check coming in for 6months before a possible extension and they can pay their bills.Its not much getting unemployment but they can at least buy food and maybe rent.All the rs drivers that talked smack about them look like idiots now:smiles:they get nothing.Not even sanitizer.
Yeah but how much can those checks be? Certainly not enough to live on. Didn't most of their income come from kickbacks and tips?

not much not enough to live on.probally $250to$300 a week tops.They arent made to live on thats for sure.But its better then risking your health driveing 8hrs a night for 60buks doing Uber..At least they are safe a little.Uber drivers are getting a big reality check right now.I drove Uber part time and it does take a toll on me too.But I have a small pension and benefits.
Post automatically merged:

I also hope nobody starves out here for any driver.

Last edited:

wastaxinowuber

They won’t starve, they will just turn on Uber Eats and do a delivery and “oh I can’t find the apartment so I need to discard the food”

not much not enough to live on.probally $250to$300 a week tops.They arent made to live on thats for sure.But its better then risking your health driveing 8hrs a night for 60buks doing Uber..At least they are safe a little.Uber drivers are getting a big reality check right now.I drove Uber part time and it does take a toll on me too.But I have a small pension and benefits.

I also hope nobody starves out here for any driver.

bell,nellis,lucky and desert and ycs paid unemployment.If you leased a cab you get the same as uber drivers nothing.Regular cabbies got their benefits.

Lease drivers most all turned their leases in.Bells garage was packed with turn ins.

Im not sure with all.but i do know nellis and bell has agreed to a 6month layoff before extensions

Im not sure with all.but i do know nellis and bell has agreed to a 6month layoff before extensions

So in other words what the average uber driver nets in a normal (non-corona) 40 hr week
Yes you are right.But Rideshare drivers are still private buisness owners:smiles:Cabbies only get $400 checks every week because they arent lol

Looks like Rideshare drivers got the best deal out of this. See you guys at the designated Rideshare pick up zones! :thumbup:
Do they even have designated pick up zones still ?

Looks like Rideshare drivers got the best deal out of this. See you guys at the designated Rideshare pick up zones! :thumbup:
Do they still have pick up zones?Are you doing any rides out there defensive driver?

Last edited:
Yes you are right.But Rideshare drivers are still private buisness owners:smiles:Cabbies only get $400 checks every week because they arent lol

Do they still have pick up zones?Are you doing any rides out there defensive driver?
You were Mr. Rideshare. Now you not?

Defensive Driver

Yes, Rideshare has pick up zones. Most Riders get enraged about walking to the pick up zones.

After a few weeks of not driving Uber, I've decided to go Online yesterday evening.

And yes, I did get a Ride. It was a single mother with a stroller. She asked me why Uber stopped doing Pool Rides :smiles: I said No idea. I took her to Walmart.

Then I went to the Lot. Saw alot of hungry superstar faces. I also drove down the Strip to empty void to see the grim reality of Vegas. I was Online for nearly 3 hours, got 1 ride. I made whooping $3.98.

I felt like I fed my ego of being a Business Owner and called it a night.

Actually no I wasnt.lol Most that know me in person know how hard I fought for the taxicab industry.

Yes, Rideshare has pick up zones. Most Riders get enraged about walking to the pick up zones.

After a few weeks of not driving Uber, I've decided to go Online yesterday evening.

And yes, I did get a Ride. It was a single mother with a stroller. She asked me why Uber stopped doing Pool Rides :smiles: I said No idea. I took her to Walmart.

Then I went to the Lot. Saw alot of hungry superstar faces. I also drove down the Strip to empty void to see the grim reality of Vegas. I was Online for nearly 3 hours, got 1 ride. I made whooping $3.98.

I felt like I fed my ego of being a Business Owner and called it a night.
You have alot of ambition defensive driver you will be just fine bro:wink: