Need your opinions! From a Rider.

Jake F

Hello everyone,

I will be making several trips from Chesterton to Midway Airport over the next few months. As you know, this is a 1.25 to 1.75 hour trip depending on traffic.

I am trying to figure out the best way to make the trip and am considering Uber. However, I want to be courteous to you as drivers. Do you think most drivers would be willing to accept the trip? Will Uber automatically charge me (and compensate you) for the tolls? It looks like Uber will charge me about $100, so I'm not sure what portion of that you will end up with. Obviously, I will tip cash at least $10 at the end of the trip as well. However, I'm curious what the driver's reaction will be at the beginning and throughout the trip.

Thanks!

RedANT

At ~$100 each way, (~50 miles @ $1.56 /mi + .20 per min) you're probably best off renting a car.

Jake F

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed, unfortunately I do not yet have a driver's license. (Moved to Indiana from NYC, where nobody owns a car).

Fjavier1203

Hello everyone,

I will be making several trips from Chesterton to Midway Airport over the next few months. As you know, this is a 1.25 to 1.75 hour trip depending on traffic.

I am trying to figure out the best way to make the trip and am considering Uber. However, I want to be courteous to you as drivers. Do you think most drivers would be willing to accept the trip? Will Uber automatically charge me (and compensate you) for the tolls? It looks like Uber will charge me about $100, so I'm not sure what portion of that you will end up with. Obviously, I will tip cash at least $10 at the end of the trip as well. However, I'm curious what the driver's reaction will be at the beginning and throughout the trip.

Thanks!
It's gonna depend if they want to stay local or want to get into the city to work

munlochi

Jake F, if you’re looking still I live a few towns over. Shoot me a PM. Could save you some hassle and make it a regular ride

Tom Harding

Hello everyone,

Thanks!
From Chesterton to Midway, NO PROBLEM. I live in Hobart and would love to provide your transportation.
But on the other hand, Uber to the South Shore to the Roosevelt stop and then take an Uber to Midway, you'll save about $70 or so. And reversing the trip, to the same. Takes a little longer, but much less expensive and less traffic. And Uber will reimburse drivers for the tolls.
There are two good routes to Midway. Indiana Toll Road to Chicago skyway to I-55 to Cicero to Midway and I-80/I-94 to I-294 to Cicero (127th street) to Midway. Both have tolls.
Or you can email me at [email protected] for a private trip.