• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Need Your Help Get Google Maps to Allow Permanent Avoid Tolls for DROID phones

Dale T.

I'm tired of Google Maps default routing me thru Toll Roads. This WASTES MONEY and many time adds more mileage. When you have a rider the Toll is okay if they agree or there is no option.
I submitted feedback to Uber to ask them to help get Google Maps to allow Permanent Avoid Tolls. Now we as drivers with DROID phones need to take action - Apple allows Permanent Avoid Tolls.
FOR DROID users, Go to Google Maps, click Menu (3 bars), Send Feedback and type you want Permanent Avoid Tolls.

reg barclay

Why would you want to avoid tolls seeing that you get reimbursed for tolls during your uber rides? Unless it's 50/50 I'd assume the pax just wants to take the normal/most efficient route.

If you're driving home empty and want to take a longer route to avoid tolls then you can just enter avoid tolls manually when that happens.

jgiun1

You have to sign on to original Google maps app and change settings from there. That will fix your problem. I have 24 hour night set and no tolls. I bet your not signed in

Rakos

Look on the route options page...

Top right and three dots...

Rakos
Screenshot_20171130-152739.png

Screenshot_20171130-153043.png

PS. Be careful cause you may find it really affects your routing

Last edited:

Dale T.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would you want to avoid tolls seeing that you get reimbursed for tolls during your uber rides? Unless it's 50/50 I'd assume the pax just wants to take the normal/most efficient route.

If you're driving home empty and want to take a longer route to avoid tolls then you can just enter avoid tolls manually when that happens.
You are correct if the pax wants to pay - fine.

This is about 2 other parts - driving to the pax and when setting a destination.
I was going to pick up and followed the routing. It showed going onto the Toll road just to get off the next exit. Wasted a dollar (adds up) and was exact same time.
When I set a destination going west to home, it shows going 4 miles further down the freeway to a Toll road so drive 8 extra miles, waste 10 minutes with lights, and pay a toll --- PLUS it is looking for possible rides in an area with very little opportunities. Better if it routes me up one of the major roads for lot shorter distance and more rider opportunities.

Dale T.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look on the route options page...

Top right and three dots...

Rakos
View attachment 180284
View attachment 180289

PS. Be careful cause you may find it really affects your routing
Hello,

This works only for that trip. This is not a permanent (default) to avoid tolls. Google Maps allows Apple device to permanent Avoid, but not for Droid phones. This is why I need you, all other drivers with a DROID, and Uber to provide Feedback to Google to let Droid users default to Avoid Tolls.

I'm in Houston TX and for the most part there are alternative routes.

You have to sign on to original Google maps app and change settings from there. That will fix your problem. I have 24 hour night set and no tolls. I bet your not signed in
Hi,

Yes I'm signed in. Google Maps allows Apple phones to default to Avoid Tolls, but not for Droid phones. When there is a trip assigned we can go into the settings to Avoid Tolls for this trip only on Droid.

Do you have an Apple phone so do a default Avoid?