Need to vent

Mista T

Author
Minorly frustrating day so far today.

* Pickup at mega apartment. Gate one is locked. Gate two is locked. 5 minutes later I made it there. 3 minutes later pax texts "are you coming?" Well shit lady, I've been outside your front door for 2+ minutes now... she and screaming baby get in for a 3 mile ride.

* Pick up a woman and ask how her day is going. She shrugs and whispers "I have laryngitis." F me, seriously?? Ima be pissed if I get sick!

* Pickup at a big box store. People outside. I'm driving slowly and looking, kind of pointing at ppl to see who my pax is. Plenty of ppl ignoring me. No one making eye contact, no one waving, no one looking at their phone... Apparently I cruised right by my pax, didn't even stop! What's my problem?!?

* 2.2 mile pickup, which I never do because my avg ride is 1.5 miles. Pisses me off to drive further for free than my paid portion. This ride? 1 mile, naturally.

Minor stuff in the big picture, but still... Boy, I hope the weekend improves.

The Gift of Fish

* Pickup at mega apartment. Gate one is locked. Gate two is locked. 5 minutes later I made it there. 3 minutes later pax texts "are you coming?" Well shit lady, I've been outside your front door for 2+ minutes now... she and screaming baby get in for a 3 mile ride.

* Pick up a woman and ask how her day is going. She shrugs and whispers "I have laryngitis." F me, seriously?? Ima be pissed if I get sick!

* Pickup at a big box store. People outside. I'm driving slowly and looking, kind of pointing at ppl to see who my pax is. Plenty of ppl ignoring me. No one making eye contact, no one waving, no one looking at their phone... Apparently I cruised right by my pax, didn't even stop! What's my problem?!?

* 2.2 mile pickup, which I never do because my avg ride is 1.5 miles. Pisses me off to drive further for free than my paid portion. This ride? 1 mile, naturally.

Think on the bright side. Today you didn't get Coronavirus. Maybe.

Benjamin M

I hear ya, brother. Today wasn't ideal for me either. While downtown was surging like crazy, Uber kept sending me to the sticks.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for us.
Post automatically merged:

Think on the bright side. Today you didn't get Coronavirus. Maybe.
Of FFS. It's SARS and Ebola all over again.

I almost got into a wreck today, blind hill coming up on an accident scene. Could have been bad.

Far more concerned about things like that. But I digress, there are a ton of threads on here with people freaking out about this (that need to stop watching the news).

The Gift of Fish

I hear ya, brother. Today wasn't ideal for me either. While downtown was surging like crazy, Uber kept sending me to the sticks.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for us.
Post automatically merged:

Of FFS. It's SARS and Ebola all over again.

I almost got into a wreck today, blind hill coming up on an accident scene. Could have been bad.

Far more concerned about things like that. But I digress, there are a ton of threads on here with people freaking out about this (that need to stop watching the news).
It was a tongue in cheek comment. I'm not concerned about it.

If I was a 90 year old man with COPD and emphysema living above a live animal market in Wuhan then maybe. But not here and now.

John McYeet

Every time I read one of your posts, I read it in the mister T voice.

Soldiering

I feel ya brother. Your right THOUGH IT will get better. 🐜 on. I'll smoke one for ya

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Update

The evening got better. I drove a rock star to his hotel after his show. He didn't want to talk, and no tip. But it was a neat experience in my podunk little city.

BadYota

Wow 2.2 miles to pick somebody up?! My avg pickup distance is like 6 miles!

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow 2.2 miles to pick somebody up?! My avg pickup distance is like 6 miles!
Ho boy, at that distance I sure hope your avg ride is a lot longer than mine, or you'll go broke faster than a hippie in a weed shop!

Mtbsrfun

I always feel better after I piss on the floor of a McDonald’s