Need to schedule a ride every other week $$

Rideplease

Attention drivers. Cancer patient needs round-trip rides from Rancho Mirage, CA to City of Hope in Duarte (just east of Pasadena). Arrival time would need to be 8 - 9am with a layover time of 5 or 6 hours, returning to Rancho Mirage in the afternoon. During the “layover” hours, you could pick up other rides! Trips are usually on Thursday every other week but sometimes other days. If you would be interested in any of these trips please reply so we can discuss details. Thank you in advance.

RogerJS

Attention drivers. Cancer patient needs round-trip rides from Rancho Mirage, CA to City of Hope in Duarte (just east of Pasadena). Arrival time would need to be 8 - 9am with a layover time of 5 or 6 hours, returning to Rancho Mirage in the afternoon. During the “layover” hours, you could pick up other rides! Trips are usually on Thursday every other week but sometimes other days. If you would be interested in any of these trips please reply so we can discuss details. Thank you in advance.
You're probably better off scheduling a driver via the normal app request. If you are concerned about getting a pick up you won't have any problems.
If I did these trips I'd charge you 1.5 times normal Uber rates each way, frankly, drivers earn much more per hour in the desert then the LA market so it's a losing proposal at regular rates.
But good luck !

Rideplease

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good question. I hadn’t thought about that. I just need a solid commitment from someone that can drive both ways.
Post automatically merged:

You're probably better off scheduling a driver via the normal app request. If you are concerned about getting a pick up you won't have any problems.
If I did these trips I'd charge you 1.5 times normal Uber rates each way, frankly, drivers earn much more per hour in the desert then the LA market so it's a losing proposal at regular rates.
But good luck !
Thank you for the tip. I may give that a try. I have been concerned I wouldn’t get a ride so either I was late for my appointment or worse yet, stuck with no ride home.
Appreciate your input. Will consider the risks...

RogerJS

Good question. I hadn’t thought about that. I just need a solid commitment from someone that can drive both ways.

Thank you for the tip. I may give that a try. I have been concerned I wouldn’t get a ride so either I was late for my appointment or worse yet, stuck with no ride home.
I guarantee you that there will be a ride using the Uber or Lyft app, it will most likely be a different driver each time but they will be there

LoveBC

For this rate I’m sure a driver will happily wait around.

For X rate just use the app and plan on getting canceled on a few times.

7812F7D2-FB89-4098-A60E-088A6F831A6C.jpeg

KK2929

------------------------
The ride home will never be a problem. If you cannot get a ride in the a.m., can you take a train or bus west to an area where getting a RS is no problem ? Also, maybe ask for an appointment later in the morning.