Need some info please

Ubu

I am a veteran Uber and Lyft driver in Birmingham, AL and am moving back to Sarasota after several years away. What are the local regulations for the TNCs there? Airport restrictions? Can you also go up to Tampa/St. Pete and drive or are you blocked Out? Local driver milage rate? Any info would be appreciated. As usual Uber is less than helpful.

Veju

You can drive anywhere in Florida. I don't display any trade dress and show respect for parking at airport. Never harassed yet.

Kennedy C

"hell's waiting room:" spoken like someone who has never been here. We're doing just fine, except for all the people who are figuring out how nice it is here and are clogging up the roads and amenities. .95 a mile to Uber and has been for awhile. Lyft is finally catching on over the past few months.

Both SRQ and TPA airports have Uber waiting lots. TPA just moved their waiting lot off the airport property.
But they both always have waaaaay too many cars in the queue. I've found it best to just hang at home and get rides from there. I live close enough to "downtown" that pings are around. Inconsistent, but around.

Final thought, many many Uber drivers here are old, retired guys just looking to get out of the house for a couple hours. Thus the inconsistency in trips as they come and go.

good luck
kc

really not

Can't believe how dead you all's forum is, I am hoping to land in Sarasota some day, beautiful place! I love the beach!
Stay where you are, we have enough ants running around....

it's like watching Grumpy Old Men at the airport. They're all stacked up in A5.
Wow, then stay away. Grumpy old men.. REALLY!

"hell's waiting room:" spoken like someone who has never been here. We're doing just fine, except for all the people who are figuring out how nice it is here and are clogging up the roads and amenities. .95 a mile to Uber and has been for awhile. Lyft is finally catching on over the past few months.

Both SRQ and TPA airports have Uber waiting lots. TPA just moved their waiting lot off the airport property.
But they both always have waaaaay too many cars in the queue. I've found it best to just hang at home and get rides from there. I live close enough to "downtown" that pings are around. Inconsistent, but around.

Final thought, many many Uber drivers here are old, retired guys just looking to get out of the house for a couple hours. Thus the inconsistency in trips as they come and go.

good luck
kc
YEAH, CAN'T WAIT TIL YOU ARE OLD.. AND WHAT IS OLD, AT LEAST WITH THE OLD GUYS THEY HAVE SOME LIFE EXPERIENCE...