Need some help with an urgent situation...

lvesq1906

Just got a call from my last rider frantically saying he left his wallet with over $1000 in my backseat. I told him I would check and he offered me $100 to bring it back if I have it. I went to my car and the wallet is in the car and it appears to have $1,182 in it. Just a guess! Lol!

What should I do? Should I return it or tell him it’s not in my car?

9C0C6550-D17B-4F6E-AA4E-5479DEDBC74F.jpeg
B457FD07-AB53-4922-9B4E-E6F4ACF0CACA.jpeg

LA_Rides

Hmm this is a very hard decision to make here. Was the pax nice or bad? Also tell him you usually charge 25% of what the value is. So tell him to
top it off at $250.00 cash and if it's in your car you will make sure you deduct it before you give him the wallet back. To many times pax tell you one thing than just screw you over. Do the right thing but also be compensated for it. I don't think that's bad.

Agent Sleep

Return it!!! (True story) I had the same thing happen to me once at a supermarket. I left my pecil bag with my CC bills and about $2000 in cash in the shopping basket at the parking lot. I got a call that evening from the manager that the basket collectors found it and that I can come pick it up.

Karma bro.

Dingo

And how many rides will u miss driving back to him is the 100 inclusive.Always negotiate.Or toss him double or nothing whan U meet....
And if u really dont know what U should do your lucky the uber background cheek slipped up....

NHDriver

Uber would take the cash for sure.
But would thank you for reaching out and for providing great service to your customers.

Return ASAP.
Just two weeks ago a girl left her coach clutch on the floor in my car. It was a lyft ride though. I contacted lyft support immediately and they reached out to the girl who is bartender. i picked her up at her house, only 4 mi from where i live. i returned it to her the next day. i never looked inside so no idea how much was in there. prolly some cash as she is a bartender. i didn't get a fee from lyft for returning it. she tipped me $20 and said omg, ty so much, nobody does this! i felt pretty good about it. also i learned during the trip she is a single mom with an 8yo son. so ya, i had to return it.

Bleach

Take pictures of it (a few), keep dash cam rolling; showing the item sitting on the passenger seat, when you get to his/her place hand it back to them and do a SitRep to CSR.

So that way you have proof of giving the item back to your rider if they say anything to Uber.

Telsa34

Just got a call from my last rider frantically saying he left his wallet with over $1000 in my backseat. I told him I would check and he offered me $100 to bring it back if I have it. I went to my car and the wallet is in the car and it appears to have $1,182 in it. Just a guess! Lol!

View attachment 156613 View attachment 156614

If you need to ask if you should return it I truly feel sorry for you.

goneubering

View attachment 156613 View attachment 156614

You know what to do.