Need Pickup outside of Coverage area going to IAH will give good tip.

Akfish50

Hello Drivers,
I am in trinity, tx 75862.
I need a ride to Bush International on March 27. I'm heading back to Nome Alaska.
My flight leaves at 7:20PM, so getting there roughly 2 hours before would be good.
I am willing to give generous tip for driving out to pick me up. (Open to negotiation)
Google maps shows it right at 87 miles one way from IAH and about 1.5 hrs.
It looks like I am about 14 miles outside of the Houston coverage area which ends at Riverside, Tx.
Anyone interested? Or could anyone give me a way to make this happen? I can't seem to find any info on the Uber site and I don't want to wait until the day of and possibly miss my flight.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Richard Cranium

I will do it .. for no less than $500.00 cash for the actual trip, plus $200.00 for me to drive to you, and a $100.00. tip all payable in advance :wink:

So it will cost you $800.00
Please advise how you would like to proceed with payment.

Everyone has their price :smiles:

Akfish50

Yep, Someone else looking for a "Cheap" ride to the airport.

I'm looking for ANY ride to the airport. Sure cheap is good, but I'm willing to compensate. Where I'm located I don't have any options. I got here through Uber, but don't know how to get back.

darkshy77

Did State law make it where you can drive everywhere.... Now the issue is any drivers in your area... Try scheduling ride on the Lyft app. Wingz also let you schedule and coordinated driver.

Last edited:

Akfish50

Thanks darkshy, I will check those out. I have not tried lyft and have never heard of Wingz. I did just call local (Livingston) taxi company and they quoted me $185 for the ride. I'll do that if nothing else pans out.

Did State law make it where you can drive everywhere.... Now the issue is storming of any drivers in your area... Try scheduling ride on the Lyft app. Wingz also let you schedule and coordinated driver.
What is "storming of drivers"?

Will do it for $250 cash ,
Thanks for the offer GNBKH, I just called local taxi company and they quoted a good bit less than that.

I will do it .. for no less than $500.00 cash for the actual trip, plus $200.00 for me to drive to you, and a $100.00. tip all payable in advance :wink:

So it will cost you $800.00
Please advise how you would like to proceed with payment.

Everyone has their price :smiles:
Thats a bit steep Richard You must have a good deal of time on your hands.

*sniff sniff* anyone else smell that? Smells like bait
hmmm, "bait"? I don't get it? Like I'm luring a driver here to steal their ummmm, hubcaps?

MHR

There's an Uber driver every 5 feet in Texas. We can drive anywhere in the state. Unless you have a bad cell connection you should not be in an 'outside of coverage' area.

JTTwentySeven

Nice house you're staying at.

upload_2018-2-22_15-57-49.png

Akfish50

There's an Uber driver every 5 feet in Texas. We can drive anywhere in the state. Unless you have a bad cell connection you should not be in an 'outside of coverage' area.
Hmmm, Ok, it shows the coverage area for Houston stops at about Riverside TX. Can I try the app to see without requesting a ride and incurring costs for having to cancel?

MHR

Sure, if the ping actually goes out immediately cancel and you won't be charged.

Trebor

Thanks, Well, the address is actually 223 South Red Oak Lane, which is about 350 yards down the road at the other end of the cul de sac, on other side of River Point Way. I gave North Red Oak Lane, because, if you google 223 South Red Oak Lane, you will be directed to the wrong location on the lake up north of here. I figure if I can get a ride, I just tell the driver to turn right on River Point Way instead of left. Here is my place. 1974 Silver Streak Continental Rocket !: View attachment 207579

Ok, thanks MHR, I appreciate your help

You selling that rocket?

Akfish50

I will be, but its going to go with the property (5+ acres, lots of deer/pigs, neighborhood fishing pier in walking distance), excellent condition, 93 toyota 4x4 with nearly new motor, small boat, trailer, a very sweet 9.9hp, assorted power and hand tools. Very nice Perception sea kayak, and Royalex canoe. You can have it all for a song. About 40K. I'll be listing it in a week or so.

Fuzzyelvis

I'm looking for ANY ride to the airport. Sure cheap is good, but I'm willing to compensate. Where I'm located I don't have any options. I got here through Uber, but don't know how to get back.
So some driver drove you there from IAH and had to return empty?

No uber in trinity? I know it's in Huntsville now.

Akfish50

Apparently, I don't know what she did once she left. It does show coverage from Lufkin, but I've tried hailing an Uber several times now to see if I could get a ride, and it never comes up with a driver. I tried LYFT and it showed a couple drivers $123. I also checked Wingz and it is $145. So I'm all set. Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help.

Reactions: MHR

MadePenniesToday

Apparently, I don't know what she did once she left. It does show coverage from Lufkin, but I've tried hailing an Uber several times now to see if I could get a ride, and it never comes up with a driver. I tried LYFT and it showed a couple drivers $123. I also checked Wingz and it is $145. So I'm all set. Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help.

Still don't forget to tip the driver well since they will most likely be going back to town empty.