Need help with the Driver App...

OldBay

There are some things about the driver app that either aren't working, or I haven't figured out.

Sometimes, it seems like the message bar on the bottom is "locked" and wont let me do anything other than accept pings.

Sometimes the message bar will open up when I tap one of the corners. Sometimes I am able to swipe open it up, but other times nothing works.

OK, now that thats out of the way...

1) Does anyone else have problems with the bottom bar sometimes not opening? Sometimes I can't even disable pings during a trip. The bottom bar wont do anything until I get to the pin.

2a) When I go to pick up a pax, sometimes if I'm not ON TOP of the pin, it won't let me right swipe to start the trip. I've had a few rides where I had to back up to try to get closer to the pin so I could start the trip. One pax had to relocate the pin.

2b) Sometimes it seems that pax have the pin inside the hotel or address so I can't even start the trip. Do they do this on purpose, later change the pin location so that the driver can only start after they arrive and they wont get charged waiting fee?

3) When dropping off the pax, sometimes its not exactly where the pin is, and I can't end the trip until I drop them off then try to drive to the pin. Is there a way to end the ride early if they want to be let out close to the pin?

Oscar Levant

There are some things about the driver app that either aren't working, or I haven't figured out.

Sometimes, it seems like the message bar on the bottom is "locked" and wont let me do anything other than accept pings.

Sometimes the message bar will open up when I tap one of the corners. Sometimes I am able to swipe open it up, but other times nothing works.

OK, now that thats out of the way...

1) Does anyone else have problems with the bottom bar sometimes not opening? Sometimes I can't even disable pings during a trip. The bottom bar wont do anything until I get to the pin.

2a) When I go to pick up a pax, sometimes if I'm not ON TOP of the pin, it won't let me right swipe to start the trip. I've had a few rides where I had to back up to try to get closer to the pin so I could start the trip. One pax had to relocate the pin.

2b) Sometimes it seems that pax have the pin inside the hotel or address so I can't even start the trip. Do they do this on purpose, later change the pin location so that the driver can only start after they arrive and they wont get charged waiting fee?

3) When dropping off the pax, sometimes its not exactly where the pin is, and I can't end the trip until I drop them off then try to drive to the pin. Is there a way to end the ride early if they want to be let out close to the pin?

I have none of these problems. If I drop in a different location than it says I'm supposed to, a window comes up and says something like 'have you completed the ride?" and I select yes. I work downtown, and in the center of town , the GPS rarely gets it right, so half the time I'm picking up somewhere different than where the pin is. But, no problem swiping.

After I pick up, if I don't want more trips, and want to go off line, scroll down to the bottom where a button will allow you to do this.

Coachman

Maybe you can post a screen shot of the app. It's changed so often that I honestly don't remember exactly how the various screens are laid out.

But no, I don't have any of these issues.

Uber1010

I have none of these problems. If I drop in a different location than it says I'm supposed to, a window comes up and says something like 'have you completed the ride?" and I select yes. I work downtown, and in the center of town , the GPS rarely gets it right, so half the time I'm picking up somewhere different than where the pin is. But, no problem swiping.

After I pick up, if I don't want more trips, and want to go off line, scroll down to the bottom where a button will allow you to do this.
Call supports and they will reset the app ..the. App are acting different from one user to another