Need help with a somewhat unique issue

Curlymanson

Hi there, I'm in pretty deep shit regarding my driver account after my phone was destroyed on vacation.

Basically, when I got my new phone and downloaded the driver app I had an issue receiving my password reset email. It wouldn't even send the email without "entering the 6 digit code from your security app" could this be google authenticator? I don't have access to my authenticator app any longer on my new phone and I don't have the security codes .

I've been trying for resolve this issue with support over the phone for the past hour. The first person was pretty helpful, he disabled 2FA but I still couldn't receive my password reset link. He gave up and said there was nothing he could do to help me. Second guy didn't even understand the issue, didn't understand that all I need is a password reset link.

Has anyone else here faced this issue after trying to log in on a new phone? Is it really not possible for support to send me a password reset link directly to my email if I have google authenticator enabled? I'm a single mom with 2 kids and my bills are coming up soon, I'm honestly in a huge pickle and I have no idea what to do. I have all the information I need to prove I am the rightful owner of the account.

Starting to panic a little so any advice would be much appreciated, thanks

Boca Ratman

I don't know what an authenticator is but I have an idea.

Open partners.uber.com and try to log on, then open your password .manager. your password should be saved in your Google account.

Screenshot_20200916-183343_Chrome.jpg

Daisey77

Did you keep the same phone number? Are you trying to log in through the dashboard or through the app? Did you set up the security app on Uber or is that an Uber thing? I know when I log into the dashboard it sends me a text with a 6 digit number. Like a two step authentication thing but I've never had the app do that

Wildgoose

Hi there, I'm in pretty deep shit regarding my driver account after my phone was destroyed on vacation.

Basically, when I got my new phone and downloaded the driver app I had an issue receiving my password reset email. It wouldn't even send the email without "entering the 6 digit code from your security app" could this be google authenticator? I don't have access to my authenticator app any longer on my new phone and I don't have the security codes .

I've been trying for resolve this issue with support over the phone for the past hour. The first person was pretty helpful, he disabled 2FA but I still couldn't receive my password reset link. He gave up and said there was nothing he could do to help me. Second guy didn't even understand the issue, didn't understand that all I need is a password reset link.

Has anyone else here faced this issue after trying to log in on a new phone? Is it really not possible for support to send me a password reset link directly to my email if I have google authenticator enabled? I'm a single mom with 2 kids and my bills are coming up soon, I'm honestly in a huge pickle and I have no idea what to do. I have all the information I need to prove I am the rightful owner of the account.

Starting to panic a little so any advice would be much appreciated, thanks
Uber's log in security layer has been changed. You have to keep same email account and same phone number.
Google authenticator is nothing to do with your Uber driver App. As far as I understand, it is for google product only.
First you need to make sure these conditions are met. (1) You can be able to log in into your email which is associated with your Uber Account. (2) You still keep and use the same phone number that is associated with your account.
If those conditions are met, by using a computer, try log in at Click HERE and choose the forgot PW if you forgot your password.

Last edited:

Areyousure

Authenticator is 6 digits and is used as two-factor authorization. You login into a site with your id and password. The site asks for authenticator key. You get the key from the authenticator app. It is not limited to google apps.

Wildgoose

I am guessing that you are using Android phone. Since you can't be able to use your old phone, do these steps that are for iPhone procedures to transfer your google authenticator's account.

iPhone users have to do some extra work
Google hasn't updated the iPhone Authenticator app with the same transfer process yet, so you'll need to use the old school method of manually transferring your Authenticator accounts, one by one. Here's what you'll need to do:

1. Install Authenticator on your new iPhone.

2. On your computer, visit Google's two-step verification site and log in to your Google account.

google-authenticator-change-phone

Make sure you have both your old and new phone nearby when moving Google Authenticator.
Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET

3. Click Change Phone in the Authenticator app section. Select the type of phone you'll be using and follow the prompts. If you want to disable Google Authenticator altogether, click on the trash can icon and confirm your decision. Google will then revert to delivering your 2FA codes via SMS.

4. Open the Authenticator app on your new phone and tap Begin > Scan barcode. Scan the QR code displayed on Google's website with the Authenticator app, then enter the six-digit code to verify everything is working properly. Once that's done, the codes on your old device will no longer be valid.

Repeat this process for each service you currently use with Google Authenticator, be it Apple, Facebook, Dropbox, or Amazon. Don't delete the Authenticator app off your old phone until you've moved all accounts to your new phone, otherwise, you'll be locked out of those accounts -- and nobody wants that.
Post automatically merged:

Reference: : New phone? Setting up Google Authenticator is easier than ever. Here's how

DJJoeyZ

Yeah, like Wildgoose said, you have to go to Google’s verification page on something other than your phone, log in with your google account info and navigate to the change phone section and follow those instructions, good luck.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I would try to do everything in terms of passwords and authentication verification through the Uber Driver full website at a desktop, instead of phone.

Then, when you’ve got alll the passwords changed there, then attempt to fix the phone with your new passwords.

Juggalo9er

Tier three support:
I believe I can solve this issue, but first I need you to Uninstall and reinstall the app