Need Help Making Decision!!!!!!

Inshur

Guided One

Ok long story short. I have 2012 Camry. I was in an accident in 2017 which required surgery in my right knee. I work about 6days a week. I’m starting to have a lot of pain on my right knee because the car is really cramped and a knee pillow is useless. On top of all of this I have a lot of people in my family and I’m the only one with a car. I’m also expecting 3 more people coming to the U.S. I still have $10k( I got a really bad deal with high interest) left on my car, but I need a new car that can seat at least 7 people. Can you guys help me out with some advice.

So I contacted a dealership and they said I can trade my car in and they will add the remaining balance to the new loan. They didn’t care about the TLC plates. So if I buy a used car I will get a high interest rate, but if I buy a new car I will get a low interest and the monthly price will relatively be the same.

I don’t really want to spend a lot of money on a car but im stuck on what I should do. Please brothers I need your advice and if you guys want you can troll a little, just not too much🙃

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
Yeah I'm confused on why your family puts all that financial burden on you while you're also in bad health. Why do you have to drive everyone around? Pay for car service whenever you have to all go out and split the cost. Better than buying a whole ass new car with 5+ year contract

Guided One

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I'm confused on why your family puts all that financial burden on you while you're also in bad health. Why do you have to drive everyone around? Pay for car service whenever you have to all go out and split the cost. Better than buying a whole ass new car with 5+ year contract
I think that myself sometimes lol. My wife works part time but is also going to school full time. I have a brother who is a bum, who stays home all day and plays xbox so he is completely unreliable and my mom is disabled. But what you say does make sense. But I also need a big car because of leg room. My Camry is so tight that I feel like my leg is gonna pop.

Alone44

Ok long story short. I have 2012 Camry. I was in an accident in 2017 which required surgery in my right knee. I work about 6days a week. I’m starting to have a lot of pain on my right knee because the car is really cramped and a knee pillow is useless. On top of all of this I have a lot of people in my family and I’m the only one with a car. I’m also expecting 3 more people coming to the U.S. I still have $10k( I got a really bad deal with high interest) left on my car, but I need a new car that can seat at least 7 people. Can you guys help me out with some advice.

So I contacted a dealership and they said I can trade my car in and they will add the remaining balance to the new loan. They didn’t care about the TLC plates. So if I buy a used car I will get a high interest rate, but if I buy a new car I will get a low interest and the monthly price will relatively be the same.

I don’t really want to spend a lot of money on a car but im stuck on what I should do. Please brothers I need your advice and if you guys want you can troll a little, just not too much🙃
Bro wherever you do don't get Honda pilot new model (2016) it's not worth it.

Suism

Stay away from anything other than Toyota lol you need a car that's midsize or full-size. You can look into Hyundai's as well since they're pretty comfy. Reliability is uncertain but @FuberNYC drives a Hyundai and is more familiar with it.

All I can say is stay away from Honda, their reliability has definitely downgraded. Toyotas are still really good, maybe a RAV4 will do you good.

Chanster

Rip off your driver seat and sit at the driver side rear seat. 😂😂
I agree with others on getting sienna front wheel drive only!

FuberNYC

Sienna seems to be right car for your current situation. Don't trade your car, that's where dealers make money from, sell it privately and use that money for down payment.
Be prepared to spend a lot more on gas though but them again, you will be able to do XL to help offset the extra gas money

Chanster

Sienna seems to be right car for your current situation. Don't trade your car, that's where dealers make money from, sell it privately and use that money for down payment.
Be prepared to spend a lot more on gas though but them again, you will be able to do XL to help offset the extra gas money
He can't sell it privately. He's got a lien on it. XL sucks too it's mostly Ikea, home Depot or Costco runs. (Damn reality) and it's only 50 a mile more than X.

Itsme148

Stay away from hyundai my sonata hybrid with 115k miles just had engine failure dealer wants $7k. Found a used one for $3k lets see how long it lasts. Fubernyc. Try to get rid of your sonata hybrid. They fail unexpectedly

BDJ90

thanks for all the information on how car dealerships work. Please post all banking and credit information. we will take it from here

FOTIMA

It's crazy buying a new car and getting into all that debt for this gig given the lockouts and uncertainty, besides it might not even fix your issue. Stay with your old Camry but do this.. saw off the plastic part that is touching your knee, it's your car so wgaf.. then loose weight because that's what happens to people when they're fat, they spread their legs all the way when sitting down.

FuberNYC

He can't sell it privately. He's got a lien on it. XL sucks too it's mostly Ikea, home Depot or Costco runs. (Damn reality) and it's only 50 a mile more than X.
He said he has some money saved, I would use that to pay off the current loan and sell it privately.
XL sucks, I know...cost me $18k to find that out when I traded my brand new Pathfinder to a Sonata to get out of it 3 years ago, that's why I said for his "current" situation, where he needs a car that also functions as family car that can accommodate 7 passenger+
I had Highlander, Pathfinder and SUV are not great for 7 pax as the 3rd row is tight af for adults
Post automatically merged:

Stay away from hyundai my sonata hybrid with 115k miles just had engine failure dealer wants $7k. Found a used one for $3k lets see how long it lasts. Fubernyc. Try to get rid of your sonata hybrid. They fail unexpectedly
I have the 3rd version of their hybrid version, I'm assuming you had the second. We'll see, I am about to trade it in 2 years and doubt I will go over 120k miles

Guided One

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks bro, that’s what I was thinking. Just needed some reassurance lol.

It's crazy buying a new car and getting into all that debt for this gig given the lockouts and uncertainty, besides it might not even fix your issue. Stay with your old Camry but do this.. saw off the plastic part that is touching your knee, it's your car so wgaf.. then loose weight because that's what happens to people when they're fat, they spread their legs all the way when sitting down.
The funny thing is I’ve been really skinny my whole life, in fact mostly under weight. When I started driving TLC in the summer of 2017 I was 120lb now I’m almost 180lb. I gotta shed some weight.

I wud suggest Sienna, have too many drivers i know with Odesseys and it having loads of problems, especially transmission issues
Toyota is the most reliable brand. My friend bought a brand new fully loaded 2017 Honda Accord. It only lasted 7 months then his transmission failed.

Last edited:

Kalanick

It’s better, you should go in car auction in PA and buy Toyota Sienna like 2016 - 2017 for 12k . Don’t buy cheap old car you will spend more money to mechanic every week.