• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Need help. hit and run!!! READ, PLEASE

Inshur
Ehy guys, I have heard that a lot of my taxi drivers use this community. That’s why I came here...
last night around 11:30 am I was in the van whick express way south taking the Atlantic avenue exit .. so when I was introducing to the traffic somebody hit my car and run away . I use the Nexar recording system but since i was hit in the back it couldn’t catch who hit me .. the only thing I know is that it was a mercedes . I did did the police report but they said that they not going to investigate who was the person that hit me because my insurance have to do it ..
however I don’t have a full cover , I just have the tlc insurance with amarecan transit ... my question is that if any of you guys were around there and have videos of the car please let me know , I saw a lot of tlc cars coming out of the highway when the accident happens so maybe you were one of this guys and have the proof...

I don’t know what to do now because I can not effort to fix my car now and I’m gonna have to be 24 hours in the street just to be able to rent a cart and support myself , i was at van wick service Rd and 91 ave next to Jamaica hospital ..

Attached are some pictures of my car and
BF1698AF-4011-4D88-BAB1-0FCE9F518C0B.jpeg
474BA22A-E187-4A69-B71C-E4082BECF611.jpeg
F99A7365-1E3D-45BF-BAF5-987A867C085C.jpeg
BF1698AF-4011-4D88-BAB1-0FCE9F518C0B.jpeg
474BA22A-E187-4A69-B71C-E4082BECF611.jpeg
F99A7365-1E3D-45BF-BAF5-987A867C085C.jpeg
BF1698AF-4011-4D88-BAB1-0FCE9F518C0B.jpeg474BA22A-E187-4A69-B71C-E4082BECF611.jpegthe parts of the car that hit me that’s was the only thing I could get from the scene... please anything let me know , advise , suggestions, I will appreciated!!!

LiveNLearn

Dam that blows bro.

Try and get a bank loan. To fix the car asap.

Its sucks but even if you find that guy and sue his insurance. It would take a long time to get money from his insurance.

Good luck on finding that turd

Salvi

Maybe theres some cameras near the hospital that got the Benz license plate? And that area by the van wyck near the hospital is always a clusterfuc. Rear end and run away should have chased him down at least get his plates on ur dashcam

Zubera

Also try to get surveillance camera footage from some buildings that are on his possible way. For example if he made a right turn on 91st ave then he must have driven on 134th st and then taken Jamaica ave maybe. There are a lot of houses on 134th st between 91st ave and Jamaica ave. Ask everyone for footage.

Screenshot_20190527-070745_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

Wardell Curry

Dude , upload the video on YouTube so we can see what happened. Can't help you with pics only. Did you go to the rehabilitation center next to the hospital for the possible video ? You gotta be pro active man.

Zubera

Dude , upload the video on YouTube so we can see what happened. Can't help you with pics only. Did you go to the rehabilitation center next to the hospital for the possible video ? You gotta be pro active man.
Yea, he needs to be a detective now and investigating it by returning to the scene and getting evidences.

Dst Rain

Just spend the whole day going after 1 building to the next. Where it happened and just so u know start a convo with the building ower/security say u got hit and run and u had ur kid in the rear steat. I seen this statergy works great as they will listen. Otherwise they be like there cameras r 3rd party bla bla bla. Don't wait just go give them the time of the incident and go from there hopefully u find this scum.

1974toyota

Ehy guys, I have heard that a lot of my taxi drivers use this community. That’s why I came here...
last night around 11:30 am I was in the van whick express way south taking the Atlantic avenue exit .. so when I was introducing to the traffic somebody hit my car and run away . I use the Nexar recording system but since i was hit in the back it couldn’t catch who hit me .. the only thing I know is that it was a mercedes . I did did the police report but they said that they not going to investigate who was the person that hit me because my insurance have to do it ..
however I don’t have a full cover , I just have the tlc insurance with amarecan transit ... my question is that if any of you guys were around there and have videos of the car please let me know , I saw a lot of tlc cars coming out of the highway when the accident happens so maybe you were one of this guys and have the proof...

I don’t know what to do now because I can not effort to fix my car now and I’m gonna have to be 24 hours in the street just to be able to rent a cart and support myself , i was at van wick service Rd and 91 ave next to Jamaica hospital ..

Attached are some pictures of my car and View attachment 323500View attachment 323501View attachment 323502View attachment 323500View attachment 323501View attachment 323502View attachment 323500View attachment 323501the parts of the car that hit me that’s was the only thing I could get from the scene... please anything let me know , advise , suggestions, I will appreciated!!!
wow, thats not a fender bender for sure, serious damage,whoa,jmo GL