Need help here,

FARIS

Hi guys , so I'm going to return my xchange leasing car next week and will buy a new 2016 Camry , is camry good , is there a better option out there than the camry?
Can I close my account and open a new one to get the bonus ?
Thanks.

UTX1

The 17's are coming out soon in many makes and models.
If you time your purchase right, you could get some clearance incentives
from dealers who want to clear 2016 inventory. Brand new car, huh ?
This is for Uber X, right ? You've got courage, must admit.:smiles:

FARIS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So , I see that you guys don't recommend a new car ! , I'm interested in your advice , please advice me of what would be better for me , used car , what car?
Thanks

FARIS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doubt it.

Look into Hertz used car sales.

You can get 2016,or 2015 used Camry at a good price with low miles.

They finance at 3.9%. With $3,000.00 down.
( model shown here has 27,000 mile's)
Great , thanks for the advice , I will take your advice

Another Uber Driver

While I am no fan of the Japanese badge buggies, I am aware that many on these Boards and many who drive UberX around here like the Camry. Many cab drivers like it, as well.

In fact, more than a few have recommended buying a four to five year old Camry to drive Uber.

tohunt4me

While I am no fan of the Japanese badge buggies, I am aware that many on these Boards and many who drive UberX around here like the Camry. Many cab drivers like it, as well.

In fact, more than a few have recommended buying a four to five year old Camry to drive Uber.
The fact that Camry is USED by so many cab companies ,makes it a note worthy vehicle in my estimation.

Roomy,sturdy,reliable,economical,trunk space,quality of ride.

Besides all of the Asian vehicles and Korean cars are made in America now. Tennessee,Alabama,etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digits

A hybrid Camry should pay for itself in the form of gas savings. It is also very spacious and reliable car with all the needed bells n whistles. there are some good deals out there, keep an eye out!

Flarpy

If you're going to beat up your car driving uber, best to get the oldest one you can. It's already depreciated 95% and you won't cringe when people slam your doors.

claimbuster

I'd never do a new car. When I started a few months ago I used my personal 2011 BMW 335. All I did was fuss, worrying about the seats, the upholstery, the doors, etc. so, I bought an UBER car, a 2013 Nissan Maxima. Still nice enough car, but don't worry about. When I quit UBER, I'll sell it. I'm afraid if I had something new, I'd be doing the same thing again.

UTX1

Main thing, just like anything else - Do Your Research.

Start now, reading about the different makes and models.
Which years are used parts plentiful at the local bone yard ?
Easier to find alternators and compressors for '08 and '10
than it is for a 14' or '15 and it's too often a dealer item when new.
Read a little. Check KBB. Read the paper. (ppl still do that ?)

If you can't find a good deal, have some patience. Look at Hondas too.
Compare. Know what you're buying. Don't overpay for a pile of shiny plastic.

The time you invest beforehand will help you turn your first profit.
It's the money you will hopefully save on the deal and even more hopefully,
the money you won't lose because you didn't buy a piece of garbage.

As all used car dealers are quick to say, "Trust Me !"

(that's french for bend over)

Santa

Find an old Camry that is like 2 years newer than the Uber allows in your market. Doesn't have to be hybrid. Don't spend more than $5k on it. I'm sure you'll find a nice one for that amount if you search the net.

As long as you take care of the regular maintenance, they'll last you a couple of years or more.

Studlee

Above post about used older camry is a great idea. If you want to go newer a used Ford c max. You can pick up a 2013 with around 30k miles for like 13k. You'll average around 40 mpg city/ highway.

Another Uber Driver

Besides all of the Asian vehicles and Korean cars are made in America now. Tennessee,Alabama,etc.
Many of the foreign badge buggies are built here, yes.

Mercedes-Benz-Illinois
Toyota-Indiana and Kentucky
Honda-Tennessee and Ohio
BMW-Alabama and North Carolina

Where do they build the Korean buggies?
Do they build VWs in this country?

RedoBeach

Where do they build the Korean buggies?
Do they build VWs in this country?
Most VW's are built in Mexico.. (You can even see the engine parts in Spanish if you open the hood)... Great cars, but expensive to repair!

Korean- I'm not sure. Hyundai used to be one of my clients though & corporate office is in Fountain Valley.. It's possible they're built right here.