• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Need an advice,what vehicle to buy,london executive

Vladiano

Hello guys,need your advice to what vehicle to buy to drive in London. For uber executive. At the moment renting E-Class Mercedes 17 number plate 220 diesel.should I get the same one and pay congestion charge every day which comes to about £280 per month extra. Or get the new hybridpetrol which is about £10,000 more expensive, and still going to have to pay congestion charge after 2021. Or buy old one E-Class 300 or 350 diesel hybrid but not sure are these fuel efficient.thanks

UberLuxbod

2021?

I thought the removal of CC exemption for PHEV and EV was 2025.

With discount the difference is closer to £8k.

How often do you enter CC Zone a month?

If you intend to keep the car for 48months then multiply the number of times you enter per month by 48.

Then you can see which works out cheaper.

CC is a business expence so should be tax deductable.

A diesel E Class will be simpler than a PHEV E Class

I bought a 16 plate used (Sep 2017) as wasn't sure how ULEZ would go.

You could consider doing the same and buy a 65plate or newer E Class and run it till some new alternative EVs come to market.

Vladiano

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
2021?

I thought the removal of CC exemption for PHEV and EV was 2025.

With discount the difference is closer to £8k.

How often do you enter CC Zone a month?

If you intend to keep the car for 48months then multiply the number of times you enter per month by 48.

Then you can see which works out cheaper.

CC is a business expence so should be tax deductable.

A diesel E Class will be simpler than a PHEV E Class

I bought a 16 plate used (Sep 2017) as wasn't sure how ULEZ would go.

You could consider doing the same and buy a 65plate or newer E Class and run it till some new alternative EVs come to market.
As I understand only hybrid vehicles will be excluded from congestion charge till 2021and after that only electric vehicles will be excluded from congestion charge till 2025 so buying the E-Class diesel hybrid would save me some money for next 2 years and old diesel hybrid are cheaper then new petrol hybrid

Anon2014

This is the email I got from TfL:

Phase one
• Starts from 8 April 2019 and runs until 24 October 2021
• To be eligible for the CVD the vehicle must meet the Euro 6 emission standard and emit no more than 75g/km CO2 and have a minimum 20 mile zero emission capable range
• Your vehicle will automatically be registered for the CVD from 8 April 2019 and your existing discount expiry date will remain unchanged

Phase two
• Starts from 25 October 2021 and runs until 24 December 2025
• Only pure electric vehicles will be eligible for the CVD. All other vehicles, regardless of their emissions status, will be required to pay the Congestion Charge

Phase three
• From 25 December 2025, the CVD will expire for all vehicle types.

UberLuxbod

This is the email I got from TfL:

Phase one
• Starts from 8 April 2019 and runs until 24 October 2021
• To be eligible for the CVD the vehicle must meet the Euro 6 emission standard and emit no more than 75g/km CO2 and have a minimum 20 mile zero emission capable range
• Your vehicle will automatically be registered for the CVD from 8 April 2019 and your existing discount expiry date will remain unchanged

Phase two
• Starts from 25 October 2021 and runs until 24 December 2025
• Only pure electric vehicles will be eligible for the CVD. All other vehicles, regardless of their emissions status, will be required to pay the Congestion Charge

Phase three
• From 25 December 2025, the CVD will expire for all vehicle types.
TFL do love to move goalposts.

Wankers.

They haven’t sent me that Email.

Well if I have to pay CC I will stick with Euro6 Diesel, @@@@ them.

At least it confirms the ZE mileage as 20.

Somebody posted up that it was less than that and to be fair I wasn’t sure.

With this extra info I would get a Euro6 E Class 65 plate or newer and drive it till you can’t drive it any longer.

Then jump into an EV.

The Merc EQ range should be on the market.

Aswell as the rumoured LEVC MPV.

Anon2014

Wankers.

With this extra info I would get a Euro6 E Class 65 plate or newer and drive it till you can’t drive it any longer.

Then jump into an EV.

The important bit to remember for PHEV drivers is that it's a discount and not an exemption which is at 100% but comrade Khan can reduce that to 50% or even 0% at a drop of a hat.

Vladiano

As I understand only hybrid vehicles will be excluded from congestion charge till 2021and after that only electric vehicles will be excluded from congestion charge till 2025 so buying the E-Class diesel hybrid would save me some money for next 2 years and old diesel hybrid are cheaper then new petrol hybrid
But how efficient these cars are like E-Class 300 and E-Class 350 diesel hybrids are?

real taxi bod

Wankers.

Then jump into an EV.

Lol

sinbad 1

Hello guys,need your advice to what vehicle to buy to drive in London. For uber executive. At the moment renting E-Class Mercedes 17 number plate 220 diesel.should I get the same one and pay congestion charge every day which comes to about £280 per month extra. Or get the new hybridpetrol which is about £10,000 more expensive, and still going to have to pay congestion charge after 2021. Or buy old one E-Class 300 or 350 diesel hybrid but not sure are these fuel efficient.thanks
Rickshaw

R.M.Ahmad

and pay congestion charge every day which comes to about £280 per month extra
You don't pay congestion charge every day, you pay only 5 days/week, which cost about £200/month.

.should I get the same one and pay congestion charge every day which comes to about £280 per month extra. Or get the new hybridpetrol which is about £10,000 more expensive
If I were you I would buy the same and pay congestion charge. £10k is a lot.

Vladiano

You don't pay congestion charge every day, you pay only 5 days/week, which cost about £200/month.

If I were you I would buy the same and pay congestion charge. £10k is a lot.
What do you think if I buybuy E-ClassMerce 350 hybrid diesel I wouldn't have to pay the congestion charge for twotyears and they are quite cheap around £20000

real taxi bod

Are Cabbies going to refuse to buy from LEVC if they.build a Courier Van and an MPV that could be used by PH?
Rumours are a great thing,
Always good to fuel your own particular beliefs and provoke a reaction.
Btw I’m test driving an electric cab next week, in view to renting one in February maybe.

Dov

Btw I’m test driving an electric cab next week, in view to renting one in February maybe.
Well done
Keeping up with technology is good practice
I hope it works out for you

UberLuxbod

The van is already in the pipeline, its coming and thats fact.

The MPV is a rumoured further development for the underlying platform.

A Company like Geely didn't invest £300 Million to sell 1000 Taxis a Year to London Cabbies.

The underlying platform will be used in other vehicles.

A load of the parts in the new TXe are from Volvos anyway.

I don't doubt you will find it to be the best Taxi you have ever driven

Tell Uber to accept Outlander PHEV on UberEXEC and then buy Outlander PHEV once they upgrade it
An Outlander will never be UberExec.

But at £11/12k for a 64plate they are better value than a Prius.