Need advice on buying a dashcam...

nerdcorepunx

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a dashcam but I have a few specifics that I would like to meet. First of all, I live in a warm climate so I need something with a capacitor. I would like forward facing and also cabin facing with audio. I would like for the video to to be high def and also with good night vision inside the cabin. I would also like to for it to have the ability to upgrade to a large SD card so I don't have to constantly save my files. I would prefer that it is somewhat discrete,i just don't want a huge camera in my windshield. Lastly, i live in SW Florida, so yhe mount should be something the sun won't absolutely destroy. I would like to stay under $150 if possible. If anyone has any suggestions on which brand and model i should go with,please let me know. Thanks!

estore009

First of all, I live in a warm climate so I need something with a capacitor
You are right. Reliable super-capacitor power supply avoids lithium battery swelling/failure in high summer temperatures.
I would like forward facing and also cabin facing with audio
Dual lens design (front view and cabin rear view) should be the must-have feature for a rideshare dashcam! And the audio recording can be switched on/off easily;
I would like for the video to to be high def and also with good night vision inside the cabin.
4K resolution is much better video quality, but its night vision will be a nightmare. It is practical to get a 1080p resolution cam with IR lights
I would also like to for it to have the ability to upgrade to a large SD card so I don't have to constantly save my files.
A 128Gb card will work about 11hours for a dual lens rideshare dashcam, double times for a 256Gb card.
I would prefer that it is somewhat discrete,i just don't want a huge camera in my windshield
Rideshare drivers are less concerned about a dashcam being stealth and hidden. It is better to get a dashcam with a visible LCD screen!
Lastly, i live in SW Florida, so yhe mount should be something the sun won't absolutely destroy.
A simple solution is to get some spare pieces of 3M VHB tapes (Sometimes sold under the Scotch brand name rather than 3M).