Need advice, driving uber and quit my job?

Inshur

valery

Hello All, well I am really considering leaving my job as a security supervisor for allied Barton in New York city.. the pay is alright, I am not really complaining but I am trying to get a job with flexibility , I was told uber driver make decent money, some people said they can't make less than $1000 weekly after expenses. I dont even have a car yet, nor my TLC license, but I am really considering leaving my job, do my TLC license, get a car and drive for uber or lift.. I need advises from people who are already driving, whats the process? and is it guarantee to make a thousand weekly, should I go for uber, lyft, yellow cab? I am considering working 40 to 50 hours weekly.. thanks everyone

Beur

I would suggest you do more research, your earnings may vary from what you've been told. Many people claim to make life changing money, life changing right to the poor house.

Sounds like you have a pretty good job now, maybe get all your ducks in a row and use some vacation time to drive before quitting your job. I would never recommend anyone quitting their job to driver for Uber or Lyft.

Right now sign on bonuses when referred by another driver are $500 Uber and $1,000 Lyft, both require you to complete a certain number of rides within a 30 day period to be eligible.

ninja warrior

Hello All, well I am really considering leaving my job as a security supervisor for allied Barton in New York city.. the pay is alright, I am not really complaining but I am trying to get a job with flexibility , I was told uber driver make decent money, some people said they can't make less than $1000 weekly after expenses. I dont even have a car yet, nor my TLC license, but I am really considering leaving my job, do my TLC license, get a car and drive for uber or lift.. I need advises from people who are already driving, whats the process? and is it guarantee to make a thousand weekly, should I go for uber, lyft, yellow cab? I am considering working 40 to 50 hours weekly.. thanks everyone
The only flexibility you'll have is the one in deciding which 4 hours of the day you'll spend sleeping, if you are planning on making any money at all. The gravy train left the station in 2014- maybe early 2015.

Uberman8263

The only flexibility you'll have is the one in deciding which 4 hours of the day you'll spend sleeping, if you are planning on making any money at all. The gravy train left the station in 2014- maybe early 2015.
He also gets to decide if he wants to sleep in the front or back of his van.

Ltagrr4

check out " superubernyc " on instagram.
He got the answers you need. The things you have to do to be successful in this industry.

.... lol

Uberman8263

Good to see someone attempting to improve himself. When you go to the bank about an auto loan, inquire about getting pre approved for a home mortgage. Request about $700,000 they will probably only go for $600,000 based on average uber drivers earnings. You will most likely get approved in a week or two. Don't be afraid of going to up scale, your future with uber is bright. Good luck!

DeL- PiEaRo

later you will look to get a Job at Dunkin Donut. This is a circus without sclap. Dont quit your job, get a week off than try it out by renting any tlc vehicle. You will thank me later

BaitNSwitch

This is not a job to do long term. You can only become a vulture to their guarantees to make money. When that runs out, you go your separate ways.

wilskro

What are you nuts. Stay with the sure thing, if you quit your job, it is a no return situation/ one way street. DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ADVERTISEMENT (JUST A LITTLE INFORMATION AND START MAKING MONEY RIGHT AWAY)--I'm retired and stopped driving, it was extra money. You need it to live, work your hours, believe me your better off BUDDY--some advise from an old man--IF IT SOUNDS REAL EASY, AND A PIECE OF CAKE, IT WILL BE THAT WAY FOR EVERY OTHER SUCKER TO BELIEVE THAT NONSENSE. I had Jobs in my life I didn't like, put hours I didn't like, but I had bills to pay, Life isn't all about having time just for play.

Last edited:
Inshur New York