• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Need advice (Desperate Houston Driver)

NOXDriver

O quick google shows that LYFY rates in Houston pays $0.80 miles (daym) plus $0.17/min).

So if he can drive a solid 60/mph (not ave, but actually 60 miles in one hour he would earn 60x.080=$48 PLUS 60*.18=$10.8 MAX of $58.8 per hour. But this is 100% driving, no dead miles, no waiting no breaks.

OP would have about 10 minutes down time per hour, MAX, for 10 hours.

I think OP can't math.

nosurgenodrive

O quick google shows that LYFY rates in Houston pays $0.80 miles (daym) plus $0.17/min).

So if he can drive a solid 60/mph (not ave, but actually 60 miles in one hour he would earn 60x.080=$48 PLUS 60*.18=$10.8 MAX of $58.8 per hour. But this is 100% driving, no dead miles, no waiting no breaks.

OP would have about 10 minutes down time per hour, MAX, for 10 hours.

I think OP can't math.
Pax pays .80 a mile, driver gets .60.

Uguette

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
HOw an I dot my be my cuts? I meant 40/day nor /hr lol
Post automatically merged:

Ok autocorrect is killing me

I drive a 2014 Chevy. Usually been doing 12pm - 8pm and I go back and forth from Montrose to downtown to galleria and back. This hasn’t been my plan so far. Aside from airport runs what other things can I do?

Last edited:

Rakos

Had the monkey worried...8>O

I usually average about 10/hr after gas..

I was thinkin...

I was doing something wrong...8>)

Sometimes 20/hr if I'm lucky...

Seems any more...

Everyone is an Uber driver...8>)

Rakos
cfa058f40b3011d3392404f9aa4c3090--monkey-humor-monkey-monkey.jpg

nosurgenodrive

HOw an I dot my be my cuts? I meant 40/day nor /hr lol

Ok autocorrect is killing me

I drive a 2014 Chevy. Usually been doing 12pm - 8pm and I go back and forth from Montrose to downtown to galleria and back. This hasn’t been my plan so far. Aside from airport runs what other things can I do?

$40 a day? I don't think this gig is for you.

Uguette

Currently I’ve been going back and forth between Montrose and downtown during afternoon rush hours with very little luck.

Illini

What was wrong with the other thread you started?
And you should put this in the Houston sub-forum.

TXPrincess

Ok if ur making 40 an hr undoing good and dont expect it to last. Most that work smart land between 12 and 20 after expenses, it varies by week, car type, hours worked etc.

If your meaning 40 a day after cost that's a problem. Need to start early, take off midday, work bar runs. Also, Google where n when to work for ur area. If your not on Lyft, u need to be. Work both aps use the below link for Lyft to get a gustenteed bonus or ask another driver for one: Earn $650 guaranteed by driving with Lyft in Houston. Apply here, and give 75 rides in 30 days: https://www.lyft.com/drivers/LATISHA45589?utm_medium=d2da_iasms Terms apply.

How much do you net per week and how manny hours do you work?
I net 1000. I work 40 to 60 hours. I dont work airport pickups. I start early Mon and Tuesday 6am to 3 PM. Off most weds. 1/2 day on Sun. My days flip Thur - Sat 6am to 11am and 10pm to 11am for bar runs. I also take lunch breaks, run errands etc as needed or if the mood hits and its slow.

That's a rough estimate. Days and times vary as I may start late, take day off or skip bar runs etc. I work based on meeting my goal of 1200 to 1300 gross. I put back 250 a week for projected cost for the following week.

Last edited:

MyJessicaLS430

$100? How long do you plan to drive?

Montrose does not have a high demand until very late if you want to deal with the drunk.

As for DT, unless the "drive 1 trip for $3" quest is back , it makes no sense to drive during 3-4pm. Most customers simply need to pick up their cars from the garage a block away or so but with the gridlock.... If you run out of luck, you may end up in Clear Lake City resulting in 0 chance to have any rides back to the 610 core ( I have learnt this the hard way).

Again, if you don't mind the drunk boarding your vehicle, there is a regular high dollar surge some time around 0115 every Saturday. The surge cloud often reaches Washington Avenue and sometimes can extend to the Galleria.

It is challenging enough to gross $100 a day (my definition is 4hrs max) even with Select or XL, not to mention if you only do X .:rollseyes:

Particularly with the summer slowdown (there is no surge thereafter), weekday driving in Houston does not worth your time IMHO.

Uguette

Ok if ur making 40 an hr undoing good and dont expect it to last. Most that work smart land between 12 and 20 after expenses, it varies by week, car type, hours worked etc.

If your meaning 40 a day after cost that's a problem. Need to start early, take off midday, work bar runs. Also, Google where n when to work for ur area. If your not on Lyft, u need to be. Work both aps use the below link for Lyft to get a gustenteed bonus or ask another driver for one: Earn $650 guaranteed by driving with Lyft in Houston. Apply here, and give 75 rides in 30 days: https://www.lyft.com/drivers/LATISHA45589?utm_medium=d2da_iasms Terms apply.

I net 1000. I work 40 to 60 hours. I dont work airport pickups. I start early Mon and Tuesday 6am to 3 PM. Off most weds. 1/2 day on Sun. My days flip Thur - Sat 6am to 11am and 10pm to 11am for bar runs. I also take lunch breaks, run errands etc as needed or if the mood hits and its slow.

That's a rough estimate. Days and times vary as I may start late, take day off or skip bar runs etc. I work based on meeting my goal of 1200 to 1300 gross. I put back 250 a week for projected cost for the following week.
Interesting. So on any given day you either work the morning or afternoon? In what area are you in?

$100? How long do you plan to drive?

Montrose does not have a high demand until very late if you want to deal with the drunk.

As for DT, unless the "drive 1 trip for $3" quest is back , it makes no sense to drive during 3-4pm. Most customers simply need to pick up their cars from the garage a block away or so but with the gridlock.... If you run out of luck, you may end up in Clear Lake City resulting in 0 chance to have any rides back to the 610 core ( I have learnt this the hard way).

Again, if you don't mind the drunk boarding your vehicle, there is a regular high dollar surge some time around 0115 every Saturday. The surge cloud often reaches Washington Avenue and sometimes can extend to the Galleria.

It is challenging enough to gross $100 a day (my definition is 4hrs max) even with Select or XL, not to mention if you only do X .:rollseyes:

Particularly with the summer slowdown (there is no surge thereafter), weekday driving in Houston does not worth your time IMHO.
I see. Is there anywhere nearby that would be best for Uber that is not Houston? Is there anywhere in Houston that is ok for those hours between noon and 4pm?

Jay Dean

Interesting. So on any given day you either work the morning or afternoon? In what area are you in?

I see. Is there anywhere nearby that would be best for Uber that is not Houston? Is there anywhere in Houston that is ok for those hours between noon and 4pm?
Are you seriously trying to make a living being an Uber driver?
Give me some real talk here man

TXPrincess

My schedule varies but always days on Monday and Tuesday unless I take it off or special event. Plenty of towns around Houston. Use the rider ap to see where drivers are and then see them go off line. This will give u an idea of where they are getting hits at.

Christinebitg

I’ve made a total of 40/hr here in Houston.
I assume that you mean your gross revenue is $40 per hour. Your actual costs are a lot more than your gasoline costs.

Factor in maintenance costs and the replacement costs of the vehicle youre using up. It's probably less than the tax allowance of 54.5 cents per mile, but not a lot less.

Christinebitg

Currently I’ve been going back and forth between Montrose and downtown during afternoon rush hours with very little luck.
If you mean that you're driving dead miles between trips, stop doing that. It doesn't seem to help. At least, that's my opinion.

If I'm sitting somewhere without a trip request for a long time, I move somewhere else. How long is a "long time" depends on various things, like where I am, what time of day it is, and what day of the week. I base it on experience.

I assume that you mean your gross revenue is $40 per hour. Your actual costs are a lot more than your gasoline costs.

Factor in maintenance costs and the replacement costs of the vehicle youre using up. It's probably less than the tax allowance of 54.5 cents per mile, but not a lot less.
He correct this. He is only grossing 40/day!